14.

BEFORE THE SUN HAD RISEN ON JANUARY 17th of 1997 (not that they'd be able to tell from the dungeons), Farrah and Josh were wide awake. The pair had carefully snuck out of their common room, ran across the castle to the kitchens where the house elves had already prepared the cake that Farrah had asked them to make (half Angel's food cake, half Devil's food cake with vanilla frosting: the birthday boy's favorite) and carried it up to the Room of Requirement. 

"Okay," Farrah said as she put the sixteenth candle on the cake, "Now there's just one thing missing."

Josh continuously waved his wand, covering the green and silver walls of the room in streamers of different colors. Looking over his shoulder at the girl, he said, "Why don't you go get him? I have a few more things I have to finish up but I'll be done by the time you get back here."

The girl nodded, "Okay, be right back."

Within minutes, the girl was back in the Slytherin common room and creeping down the stairs into the boys' dormitory. She pushed the door open slowly and was surprised to see that Regulus was not in his bed. Instead, the boy was sitting at his desk, his head bent over a letter. Farrah tiptoed over to him and wrapped her arms around his torso, pressing the side of her face against his back. The boy jumped but relaxed when he realized it was her. 

"Farrah," he whispered, "Are you okay? Did you need something?"

"Only to wish my best best friend a very happy birthday."

Regulus turned in his seat, causing Farrah to release him only to give him a proper hug when he stood up. The girl smiled, "Happy birthday, Reggie. You're an old, old man."

The Black snorted, "Ha ha. Very funny. I'll hear you when March comes around."

Farrah pulled away from the hug with a smile and was going to tell him about the Room of Requirement when something caught her eye. The girl nodded her head towards the desk where several papers were spread all over, "What are those?"

Regulus shrugged, turning and gathering them all as he answered, "Just... letters from home, you know?"

"Everything alright?" she asked, already concerned. While letters from Asher usually meant a great story or the promise of a new adventure, letters from Grimmauld Place rarely meant anything good.

He nodded, "Nothing alarming. Just, some family stuff."

Regulus folded up the papers and dropped them into a drawer. He picked up his hand and waved it, locking it before he turned to Farrah. With a small smile, he asked, "Now, what irrational thing do you and Josh have planned?"

Choosing to ignore the questions burning at the back of her mind in favor of a good time today, Farrah smiled, "I'm glad you asked. If you would be so kind to follow me."

The Black nodded, picking up a jersey from the top of his trunk and throwing it on as he followed the girl out of the room and across the castle. 

"Surprise!" Josh yelled out as the two entered the now fully-decorated room. In addition to the streamers that he was putting up when Farrah left, Josh had also put up lights, balloons and banners all saying 'It's A Bitch Boy's Birthday!'.

"For the record," Regulus started once the trio all had drinks in their hands and were sitting in a circle on the floor, "If anyone here is a bitch boy, it's Farrah."

Josh took a sip of his drink and made a face, "Farrah? You call Farrah a bitch boy? That's just wrong, mate."

"Yeah, mate," Farrah said, "That's how we know you're the bitch boy."

"Please. Explain to me how I'm more of a bitch boy than Farrah 'Faints If She Sees Blood' MacMillan."

"First of all," Josh answered, "You are currently trying to argue that you're not the biggest bitch boy we know. Classic bitch boy move."