T W O || S I S T E R S

Previously:

I opened the door to see every pair of eyes on me. I paid no attention and headed toward the teacher's desk. "Hi, my name is Roxxane Storm. I'm a new student in your class."

T W O

S I S T E R S

The first three classes went by in a blur. At my other schools, I wouldn't be bothered whenever people came to talk to me. I'd hold a conversation, maybe even get a friend out of it, but this was different.  When people came to me, I would simply ignore them or throw a glare at them, but if they tried to push me past my limit, I would just flick them off.

During lunch, I found an empty table to sit at. I didn't have an appetite. Maybe because of what happened this morning or the fact that I had to keep coming to new schools and re-introducing myself to everyone, but I don't know. 

Not even two minutes later, this girl came and plopped down with her tray right next to me. She dressed like she just came out of kindergarten and tried to pass as a high-schooler. She was wearing this cute pink dress with a white shirt layered underneath. She had two high pigtails which were held up by pink ribbons. She had too big of a smile on her face. Upon further observation, she had one unicorn sticker with glitter on each cheek. 

"Hi!" She exclaimed. 

I stared at her blankly while my head rested on the table. 

Her smile fell a bit as she looked down at her hands and bit her lip. She, then, shook her head and makes another attempt at an introduction.

"My name is Kathrine, but people call me Katie! I saw you sitting by yourself and I thought you could use a friend." She ended the sentence quite quickly as if I was going to bite off her head for even thinking that. I was. 

I was about to scare her off, but someone beat me to it. "Ugh, Katie. I already told you can't sit with us."

By the, um, 'witch-y' tone of the voice, I could already tell it was that Ratchet Princess Peach.

"I wasn't trying to! I just wanted to spea-"

Katie was cut off by getting one of her ribbons ripped out of her chestnut hair, causing one of her ponytails to come out. I looked in her direction and saw her eyes start to tear up.

"When are you going to stop dressing like you came from a kindergarten?" Chloe sneered and the others around her started to snicker.

Katie started to slowly pick up her tray when I put my hand on her arm. 

"Stop." I mouthed towards Katie. She looked at me as a tear ran down her face. With reluctance and fear, I think, she sat back down. "Today, Kit," Chloe hissed, "and take your disgusting friend with you." 

"If you want to talk about disgusting, we should talk about your make-up because honey," I inhaled sharply and turned around, "grease is not a good shade on you." 

Hand-Me-Down Princess Peach's eyes widen a little and some of her 'posse' gasped and tried hard not to laugh. As I scanned the group, I locked eyes with the boy from earlier. He had a small smirk and a hit of amusement in his eyes. I looked back at Chloe. Her face was slightly turning red. "At least don't look like I shop from 'Louis Vui-Trash."

The cafeteria fell quiet with a small ohhs which almost made me laugh. There was a grin on Chloe's face like she did something great. I took a quick look at my outfit. I was wearing a white cropped hoodie and my many bracelets. My grommet belt holds up my baggy, black jeans that stop at my black boots. 

I looked backed up at her with my eyebrows scrunched up. Her grin faltered a bit on her face.

I said, "Really? Louis Vui-Trash? That's the best you can come up with?" I stood up and walked towards her. She turned even redder, her breathing started to pick up. "So, we are going to act like you said something good because I really want to say mine," I cleared my thoat, "I mean, I could kick you in the mouth, but why improve your looks?" 

I totally said that from my own brain, and definitely didn't look it up.  

By now, her jaw dropped, and the whole cafeteria was going crazy. I put my finger on her chin and pushed it up and tapped her cheek twice. I turned around, grabbed my backpack and told Katie let's go. I glanced at the boy and saw him smiling in my direction. I looked away and strode confidentially out of the cafeteria with Katie hot on my tail.

~⚫~⚪~

As I walked towards the front of the school, Katie was going off about how amazing that was. I stopped and spun around giving Katie a 'are you done yet' look. "Sorry, I never had anyone stand up for me before."

She shrunk back a bit and looked at her hands that held her ribbon and hair tie. "I just," She paused and started to fix her ponytail, " You would think that having a sister, she would protect you from bullying, not doing it." 

Silence fell between us, and she struggled to put her hair back up. I reached up and started to fix her hair for her. I felt her eye burning into my skin. Once I was done, I took a step back. "Well,  you deserve better."

A sad smile broke across her face. "You wanna get out of here?" I was going to leave school anyway, but it didn't hurt to ask for some company. She gasped and said yes more times than I can count. She went in for a hug, but I stopped her by pushing my finger against her head. She stepped back and stared at me with a puzzled expression.

"Baby steps." 

She nodded. I turned around and headed to the foot doors. "Sorry, I just got too excited. I haven't had a friend before. Unless you count the Lalaloopsy, I have. Well, had until Chloe cut off her head and put it on a stick with ketchup dripping from it." I threw a 'are you kidding' behind my shoulder as I entered the parking lot, and she nodded and kept going. 

"Yep! Crazy. I know right, but we were like 10 or so. She always t-" She ran into my back and almost fell flat on her butt.

"You have a car?" I questioned.

"Yeah. Also, where are we going? Oh, I hope we go to the mall. Or the movies. Or Build-a-Bear!" I put a finger on her mouth and take out my sister's coin.  

"Heads or Tails?" 

________________________________________________________________________________

Questions?

Comments?

Concerns?

Thoughts?

Hopes?

Dreams?

Fears?

Wishes?