Chapter 4 - Sugar Cookies

September 4th, 2013

It's been three weeks since Levi and Eren started "dating" and by now they thought the media would have forgotten all about their latest scandal but it was still a trending discussion.

Eren wasn't sure why he was here... but here he was. Standing outside a grand home looking like a lost puppy. He looked down at the text Levi sent him not too long ago.

Levi: Oi brat, bring your ass over here and quick. If you take a cab or bus, I'll pay

16065 N Sinadonna Lakes (Give anybody my address you'll gonna have to shit your phone out later.)

The code for the entrance gate is 104

Don't bring your shitty friends and make sure paparazzi isn't following you.

Eren: I'm outside and I already paid bus fare.

After a few moments his phone buzzed.

Levi: Do you want a fucking invitation? Get your ass in here, the door's unlocked.

Levi: And take your filthy shoes off, I don't want you trailing dirt into my house

The brunette slid his phone into his jacket pocket and jogged to the large front door, amazed by its height. It wasn't huge like the other homes he saw down the block, but it was a sight. He could imagine how the community looked around Christmas! And the smell of Thanksgiving! or even better the lights flaring into the sky and exploding into color on New Years.

Eren took off his shoes, pushed open the door and walked inside.

The TV was on. The sound of Sherlock Holmes mixed in with Erwin and Levi's conversation and Hanji losing herself in the television.

"Hey um.. Levi," Eren called.

"In the kitchen, and lock the door behind you." Eren did as told and walked slowly into the modern home. It wasn't... bombastic or unusual. But that would be uncharacteristic of Levi, wouldn't it? But Eren had expected a few creepy things lurking around the home. But it was a friendly greeting into the home instead of a "walk on my lawn expect to have your limbs dangling in front of you." vibe.

Through he had a feeling Levi would do that.

The decor was minimum. Nothing over the top. As he caught sight of a shadow, he made a left assuming that's the kitchen. When he entered, Levi was leaning over the counter propped up on his elbows in a blank tank and black slacks. He was reading over a paper Erwin given him to skim over. He noticed Levi's reading glasses and smirked.

"So you're blind and short?"

Levi glanced over and snorted.

"Hello Eren, I see Levi has invited you here too?" The brunette nodded his head and walked over to the blonde man, sliding onto the stool next to him. "I don't know why though. I was helping my mom around shop and he texted me."

"How's Carla?" Erwin asked.

"She's doing alright...Do you..."

Erwin raised a brow with a soft smirk. "I like to keep in touch with my client's family. You should meet Levi's grandmother-"

"Erwin, the brat doesn't need to know."

The man leaned over to Eren and whispered, "His grandmother's ninety-three and wanted me to stay the night."

Levi noticed Eren's facial change and said, "Have fun thinking about that tonight," Gray eyes looked up and locked with the two as he stood and fixed his posture. "I'll read over this later. Anyways, Eyebrows, I invited you and four eyes here to talk about my plan for the Recon Corps. I'm sure you wouldn't mind a few white lies."