Chapter 5 - Living with the Ribbon

Sun fluttered on Eren's eyelids as he woke up to rapid buzzing. As Eren sat up, he rubbed his eyes and checked his phone.
Twenty four new messages
Six missed calls
Four voicemails
Eren sighed and unlocked his phone, spamming messages popping on his screen. To his surprise they were all from Levi.

Levi: Hey brat, I hope you're not hung over as fuck if you are too fucking bad. We have a meeting today at 10:30 with Garrison
Levi: Do you need a ride?
Levi: Wake up brat, I'm not an alarm clock
Levi: It's thirty past the hour, if your late you're not hearing the end of it
Levi: Meeting's in twenty minuets
Levi: It's 10 fucking 30 where the hell are you?
Levi: You're fifteen minuets late and we're waiting for your fucked up ass
Levi: Are you fucking dead?
Levi: You better be fucking constipated brat, get your ass over here
Levi: I'm fucking done, if I get there and you'll ass is still in bed expect to wake up in a body bag in a foreign country
Levi: Answer your fucking phone
Levi: I swear to god when I see you I'm gonna kick your ass
Levi: I'm busting my ass stalling for you get your shitty self down here before I find you and drag you here
Levi: Fucking brat.

Today was going to be a long day.
~•~
As Eren got on the bus, he received strange looks from the passengers. But he decided to ignore it since his brain was pounding against his skull and took a seat in the back. He glanced down and texted Levi back slowly.

Eren: Dont pass out you old fart, I'm on my way.

Eren rested his head against the window, watching the scenery pass by. When they reached Rosearia Circuit, Eren got off the bus and walked into the Garrison Building. He walked to the front desk, the smell of rose-water fueled his senses. "I'm Eren and I have a meeting with Garrison. Levi sent me a message this morning to come here."
The receptionist blinked before picked up the desk phone. "I have an... Eren down here requesting ?... Yes sir, I'll send him up," The woman looked up at Eren who was dozing off into his hand. "Excuse me,"
"Hm? Oh yeah..?"
"... Take the elevator to the top floor."
"...Thanks..."
~•~
"Should we reschedule the meeting for a more suitable day?"
Levi growled as Erwin spoke. "Yes, I think we should reconsider-"
"I'm here..I'm here, so sorry I'm...late... I had... something..." Eren took a seat next to Levi who used all his willpower not to choke Eren in the middle of "meeting" and not land himself forty plus years in prison for first degree murder.
"Well nice to meet you, Eren. I'm Dot Pixis, cofounder of the Garrison Company."
"Eren... Eren Jeager."
"So you care to tell us why you're an hour and six minuets late?" Levi asked. Eren shrugged. "Some... stuff came up."
"Than that "stuff" better be good."
"It's none of your business."
"Don't try that shit with me!"
"Somebody should call the hospital, Levi's blood pressure is rising." Eren smirked as Levi breathed heavily.
"Calm down, Levi," Erwin mumbled. "And Eren, you can tease him later tonight. Ah, Levi, don't say anything."
"Don't test my patients, brat."
Pixis laughed quietly. "Nevermind that, I didn't call you three in here to bicker. Rico, if you may."
Eren remembered the girl called Rico. She's the same Garrison Representative who was at their meet and greet. The only difference she wore her hair tied back.
Pixis began. "The Garrison would like to propose an offer. We would like to promote breast cancer awareness and we would like to have Eren and Levi model for us."
Eren looked down at the sheet of paper. The page contained a brief summary of the photo shoot and jobs they would have to do. He also noticed the date of the shoot along with many other important dates with Garrison. "We're doing this today?" Pixis nodded. "Is that a problem? We've confirmed with Levi today at four would be fine."
"It's fine, i just need some rest."
At the bottom was a small note along with a line to sign his signature.
"Rico." Pixis said.
The blonde nodded her head. "We want this photo shoot to show even though you're living with the ribbon, you're still worthy just like every other living human being. Looking at these photos should give them hope and express that they should live life to the fullest-"
"I uh... please excuse me." Levi stood and rushed out the room quickly, leaving the room with an awkward atmosphere. "Is he-"
"Yes," Erwin interrupted. "He's fine. It's best if we leave him be." Pixis nodded and focused on Eren. "Would you like to-"
"No." Erwin's voice was low and gruff, filled with seriousness. "Knowing Levi, it's best not to bother him."
"Understood. I believe this is all we have for the meeting," Erwin stood and nodded, shaking Pixis hand before gathering his stuff. "We'll see you later."
~•~
3:21
16065 N Sinadonna
"Erwin, I don't know if I can keep this up." Levi sat on his couch, sipping wine. Eren slept peacefully upstairs in Levi's guest room which he'll have to go out his way to clean spotless once the brat leaves.
Erwin laughed. "It was your idea."
"Yeah and I'm not afraid to say this may fuck up."
"He's nineteen, let him live a little."
"He can live. I just don't want anything to do with him..."
"...Are you alright?"
Levi glanced up and leaned back. "I don't know."
"If you don't to do the session, just say and I'll cancel. It's a lot we're asking of you."
Levi shrugged and set his glass down. "Modeling asks a lot from me. I'm getting too old for this shit eyebrows."
"You're twenty-two. You have your entire life ahead of you. You can quit modeling at anytime, you're well aware of that. But I don't want you doing something you're not comfortable with."
"If I wasn't comfortable with this I wouldn't have agreed to do it."
Erwin smirked lightly. "I thought you agreed because Eren agreed to do it-"
"Not everything I do has to do with the brat, dickbag. I'm my own fucking person and I don't need the shitstain guiding me through life and making decisions I can make myself."
"Ah, good old Levi."
"Eh, what the fuck's that supposed to mean?"
"You're a cynical little man."
"And you're stoic douchebag."
"Look in the mirror lately?" Levi nodded. "You're right. But looking in the mirror is fucking pointless."
"Funny hearing that from a model."
"Model or not, it doesn't matter. It's not like modeling was my life plan." Erwin nodded. "I know, I know," Erwin's phone beeped and he checked it. "Who is it?"
"You're grandmother."
"You can go straight to hell. Stop shitting me."
"It's from Garrison. They wants us to head to St Sina medical center and meet them on the roof."
"Go wake Eren up, I'll meet you guys outside."
The sun was slowly setting over Sina and Eren snuggled in his hoodie as he watched the scene pass by. Eren watched as Levi drove into the hospital and parked around back. "I'm not going in there."
"Why not?" Eren asked.
"It's disgusting in there."
"Please don't try to clean in there." Erwin said.
"As if I'd waste my fucking time. Let's just hurry and get this over with."
~•~
Disgusting. An absolutely nauseating scent made Levi cringe as they made their way to the roof. A bright radiant sunlight greeted them as they opened the door. Eren looked around amazed by the grand sight. The hospital overlooked the city, the sun glaring off the black sleek, shiny windows of a building that was a good twelve meter taller than St. Sina Medical Center. Soft winds blew through Eren's locks as he gawked at the sight. "Eren!" Levi called. He snapped out his trance and walked over to where Levi was standing quickly picking up on the conversation.
"You're only going to have one clothing option," Rico stepped aside to revel an empty clothing rack. It was basically bare with the except of two suits, one white the other black with two pink balloons tied together on the rack blowing with the wind. "I want Levi with the black and Eren, you get the white. Head behind those curtains over there and get changed."
Eren's face turned red. "What, no, I can't undress in front of him!"
"You've seen me naked plenty of times,"
"Levi!"
Rico grimaced and rolled her eyes, "I don't need to know what you do in your personal time. Just go ahead and get dressed."
Levi had to drag Eren behind him and once they were behind the curtains Levi began to casually undress. "What the hell are you doing?" The brunette yelled hushed. "Getting dressed for the photo shoot," Levi hauled his shirt over his head. "What does it look like?"
"But aren't you self-conscious? We've never seen each other naked!"
Levi turned around and scowled. "Like hell I'm self conscious. And I fucking know that! Now, turn around and shut the fuck up." Eren's face reddened as Levi's belt dropped and his pants unzipped.
Of all situations to get caught in...
Eren unzipped his jacket and stripped himself of his Nirvana T-shirt and jeans, quickly replacing them with the clothing provided from the agency.
"Hey um Levi?"
"What?"
"How do you tie a tie?"
"...Are you fucking kidding me, you can't be serious right now."
"I am."
"How did you tie your tie for Petra's party?!"
"...I googled it..."
Levi growled and turned Eren around, taking his tie in hand. "You should be a-fucking-shamed of your self."
"Shut up you old bat. You never knew how to tie a tie at one point."
"But I never googled it." The small space grew quiet before muffled laughs filled the air.
"You better be laughing at yourself, Jeager." Eren shook his head, tears brimming his eyes, "Nope. I'm laughing at you-"
Levi pulled down Eren's tie, pulling him down to a threatening eye level. "And what's so damn funny." He said it more like a statement than a question. Eren rubbed the back of his neck before mumbling, "You're like a housewife. You cook, clean, rant, tie my ties-"
"Don't piss yourself you little shit."
Eren laughed and walked out of the curtain's, Levi walking calmly behind the taller male. Eren noticed Rico talking to someone on the phone while Erwin spoke with a tall blonde man standing behind a camera. Before Eren could walk to the two blonde men, Levi caught the cuff of his suit. "Wait,"
"What?"
"Look kid... don't... don't fuck this up, alright?" Eren raised a brow. "Thanks for the motivational speech, geezer." Eren walked up behind Erwin and the other man.
The man turned on his heels and greeted Eren. "You must be Eren. I'm Hannes. I'll be head of the shoot for today since our lead photographer called out."
Once they introduced themselves, Hannes Instructed Eren and Levi to the edge of the building for the first shot. They sat next to each other, holding hands while holding the pink balloons he saw earlier in the same hand.
"Alright now... Levi, get off the ledge and sit in front of Eren-"
"I'm not sitting on the ground, it's fucking gross."
Hannes angled the camera and looked up. "It's just for two seconds." Levi rolled his eyes and sat on the ground. He growled in his throat as Eren nuzzled his chin on Levi's shoulder and laughed. "Come on Levi, if I smile you have to smile too~"
"I don't smile." Levi responded simply. Eren pinched Levi's cheeks and brought them up. "See...you look...haha! I thought something supernatural would happen if you smiled. Ha! I guess I was wrong."
"If you're going to be another Hanji we can end this relationship here and now." Eren brushed his cheek against Levi's and smiled. As soon as Hannes gave a thumbs up, Levi pushed Eren off him. "You know you're really fucking annoying."
"And you're really fucking temperamental," Eren poked Levi's cheek and cooed, "You need to find some inner fucking peace~"
"Fuck off, brat." The photo shoot seemed to drag on longer with the brat constantly badgering and hanging on Levi just because he was bored. They tested out with different poses and props throughout the shoot.
Finally, the sun was setting slowly and Hannes decided to take two last photos and call it quits.
"Alright, Eren you're up," Eren twirled a pink fresh rose between his fingers. He noticed Hannes was on one knee to get test out the angle. "Eren, I want you to stay at least four inches away from the camera and hunch over slightly. Straighten a little.. good. Now hold the rose. I can t see your face move the rose. Okay now Levi, I want you to hold Eren's hand but stay a good distance from him. Like he's dragging you along. Good,"
Hannes took a step back to get Levi in the shot and took the picture. After that, they switched their positions.
Levi stood at the camera, wearing a small smirk as he held the rose to his lips. The petals touching his lips softly. In the background, Eren looked as if he was running towards Levi with one hand extended carrying he rose. The wind blew softly in Eren's eyes, making it look like he was running.
A shutter sound sounded making a shiver run down Levi's spine. He bit his bottom lip as memories began to cloud his mind. His heart fluttered rapidly and his heart felt like it was hanging my a flimsy thread.
Who knew the color pink could make his heart race and drop like this?
The sun was slowly setting over Sina and Eren sat uncomfortably in the front. The car ride was awfully tense and the negative ora was coming from Levi. Maybe Eren really pissed him off this time...
Eren opened the car window and allowed the breeze to cool off his heating face.
"Do you know where we're going?" Levi asked lowly. Eren sensed the uneasiness in the man's voice. He replied, "No."
Levi eased off the gas a little, gradually slowing down their speed. He then looked at Eren. "I need to do something," he said. Eren watched as they drove up Sina Bridge, the sun dancing happily on the ocean below. If they continued down the road, they'll no longer be in the Sina District. But to Eren's surprise, the car slowed and parked on the side of the bridge. "What are you-"
"Stay here and don't touch anything." Eren's eyes caught notice of the pink rose in his hand and before he could say anything, Levi got out the car and walked to the bridge.
The man sighed and griped the brick-built bridge. He looked off at the ocean before saying, "Hey...mom..." he swallowed building tension in his throat before continuing. "I... I'm sorry I can't visit your grave in person, but this is the closet i can get for now. I promise one day I'll come see you." Levi placed the rose on the bricks and lowered his head. "I've had a fuck ton of work to do and I... I can't stay long. I just want you to know... I love you and I miss you..."
Levi heard shuffling and the door close softly. He looked back. "Come here brat. Quit eavesdropping on me and get your nosy ass over here."
Eren walked next to Levi and glanced down at the rose. "I'm sorry..." he muttered. Levi grimaced. "Don't apologize for shit you didn't do."
"It's really pretty out here. The sunset is really beautiful."
"Don't start that shitty romance shit with me. You think everything is beautiful."
"I don't think everything is beautiful. You're definitely not. You're just a dark void, inside and out." An arm snuck around Eren's waist pulling him close. The man opened his mouth but nothing came out. And instead, he knitted his eyebrows together.
"I thought you were pissed at me."
Levi glanced up. "I was. You pissed me off on a daily basis. I fucking hate you."
"Hm. That's probably the nicest thing you've said to me ever since this started." Levi inhaled deeply and let out a low breath. "Come. We should go, it's getting late and I want to take you somewhere."
Eren turned on his heels, watching Levi get in his car. He started up the engine and the roof slowly went down. "You're car can do that?! How?"
"Fuck you, that's how. Now are you gonna stay there or are you gonna get in?" Eren took one last look at the rose before running into the passenger's seat and locking in.
Taking his car out of park, he sped off and drove towards the city next to Sina before making a U-turn and heading in the opposite direction. The wind blew happily in Eren's face and he smiled happily as he watched the sun set. The night placing its blanket over the Sina district. Levi glanced over and smiled lightly. The man relaxed. Sitting back in his seat and letting the night air releave his stress. "You should sit back. If you fall out your ass is getting run over."
"I have the seat belt, old man." Levi raised a brow and unhook his seat, making Eren jump slightly. "What seatbelt? It's useless if you're not wearing it."
"Shut up. I've never had a car... and the roof is down! The bus roof can't do that!"
"Like I didn't know that. But sit your ass down before I hit the brakes."
"You can't do that,"
"Why not?"
"Because your mom would be disappointed."
Levi rolled his eyes. "My mom would be proud. She doesn't deal with shit either, brat."
"So you're more like your mom?"
Levi's eyes narrowed questioningly before he shrugged. "I guess you could say that."
"I wish I could meet her."
"..."
"She sounds like a nice woman."
"My mom would fucking despise you."
"Sure about that?"
"Positive."
Eren chuckled and leaned back. "Looks like I have a lot to prove, huh?"

A/N: Edit: As of last night, my grandmother was admitted into the hospital. I wanted to dedicate this chapter to my grandmother and to everybody who has lost somebody or who knows somebody who is going through the battle. I deleted the original chapter because I wanted this chapter to have a deep meaning and the other chapter was not serious in any way and it was out-of-place in the story. I have trouble failing asleep last night and I typed this up. The original plan for the photo shoot was going to be Heartbreaker inspired by Marina and the Diamonds but I decided to go along with this instead. I really need to get some rest so this is it.

*^^*^^*^^*^^*^^*
NOTE : THIS STORY DOES NOT BELONGS TO ME.

By the way, I'm starting on an Ereri fanfic, its called 'Plot Twist' (I just published the prologue), so... Should I continue it? O.O