"So plenty," you hissed, "Do you know what will happen if they report back any mistake?"

He scoffed, "Nothing. We have the most powerful army in the world, and Ivar doesn't like disrespect."

That was assuming Ivar actually cared about you, an issue you still had no clear answer to. There were times you thought you saw a spark there but...

Considering you hardly spent any time together, and in addition to lack of-

You felt your cheeks burn and you cleared your throat, while Hvitserk shot you a look.

"Y/N. Come on, you can't be intimidated by them. Where's the girl who made a fuss and screamed in the throne room of her palace that she would marry no heathen, hm?"

"Actually ended up being married to a heathen," you said slowly and licked your lips, "Okay. Okay, you'd save me if it got strange, would you not?"

"My sword is at your service."

"Alright then," You threw your shoulder back and walked into the throne room, the familiar noise of the crowd greeting you and the man standing in front of the small group that had different clothes than the rest of the hall.

"Well well, if it isn't our beautiful Y/N," he said and you tried to smile. The truth was, you had never really liked him, not even back at the palace. He was always way too condescending, and that night before everything started, you had heard him talking to your brother, and he had made his opinion about you clear;

Let her be the heathen's whore if that's what will save our skins.

You shook your head, trying to shake off the thoughts and let him kiss you on the cheek.

"Rowan," you greeted him, "Had a nice trip, I hope?"

"Sea was merciful." Rowan stated, "And all the troubles disappeared now that we've seen your beautiful face, Y/N."

Liar.

"Gentlemen, you remember our little Y/N." he held your hand as you both turned to the group, "But of course, she's a Queen now. Who could've seen that, hm?"

Hvitserk's hand was still on the handle of his sword as you sat down on the throne, now wishing more than ever that Ivar would be back already.

"How is my brother?"

"Praying for your health day and night," Rowan said and you tried not to scoff at the blatant lie, "He misses his little sister terribly."

Mm hm.

Almost convincing.

"Well I would appreciate it if you could tell me I pray for his health and the victories that will follow him surely," the lie left your lips almost too easy and Hvitserk cleared his throat, as if trying not to laugh. Rowan turned to the men listening to you both closely.

"We have heard that Vikings entertainments are quite... different," he said, "May I ask if we will be attending any?"

"Why of course," you said "It would be cruel to keep such a thing hidden from you."

"And do you still dance, your grace?"

You smiled slightly. "Yes, sometimes."

"I remember one time-" Rowan turned to his men with a smirk on his face, "At a masquerade, she danced all night," his eyes turned to you, "Yet again, I assume you put your dancing skills to use on top of your Viking King now, do you not Y/N?"

Your eyes snapped up to his as you felt your jaw drop, and Hvitserk shifted his weight beside you.

Of course. That was what everyone thought. You were pretty sure even Ubbe and Hvitserk did not know about you and Ivar's... lack of intimacy.