9. Is he okay?

"This is nice," I breathe out when I feel myself relaxing and I can feel him relaxing too.
we just finished Spiderman and we're now just lying next to each other on the couch.
"Yeah," he responds, playing with my hand, but there's something off about the tone in his voice and I look up at him with a questioning expression.
He sighs, knowing that I caught the difference in his voice, before shooting me a quick look "I never really had the opportunity to just sit down and do nothing," he explains "I was constantly searching for new 'test subjects' as the Dread Doctors called them, or I was too busy trying to get power," he informs "I never even had a real relationship until you," he adds, shooting me a look at the last part.
"Really?" I question and I'm truly surprised that no one wanted him.
I know that he was evil and everything, but he's still hot as hell and he's really handsome.
"Yeah, well, it doesn't really matter," he informs and I feel a little bad because I had Hayden. "Hayden was your first, wasn't she?" he asks and I nod my head, "And you loved her right?" he asks "Do you really want to talk about my ex?" I question in response and he shrugs with a neutral expression.
When I search his face for some kind of uncertainty, he motions for me to talk.
"Yes, I did," I respond and he doesn't seem fazed or hurt about it "But it's different with you," I add as he softly plays with the strands of my hair, getting it off my forehead "Really, how?" he questions, curiosity audible in his voice.
"I'm not really sure, it just feels different," I respond "It feels right," I say and he frowns a little "It didn't feel right with her?" he questions, still playing with my hair "I loved her, I did and when she left, I was heartbroken," I explain "And then I started having feelings for you and things got better," I say, looking up at him "I just never thought I'd get a shot with you," I add.
"Well, lucky you," he says jokingly and I roll my eyes before he closes the gap in a soft kiss.
When he pulls away, he scans my face for something and I decide to explain further.
"When you died, I thought I lost you forever," I say, "When you disappeared from the hospital, I spent days in bed, hoping that you were okay, even though you were dead," I explain "And when you came back I couldn't believe it was really you," I add "I still can't believe it," I finish and I can tell that he feels bad about it.
"I'm sorry I didn't come back sooner," he apologizes, "You don't have to apologize, okay," I inform "I'm just glad you're here," I add, caressing his cheek with the back of my hand.
"So glad," I half-whisper before pulling him into another kiss.
A simple kiss turns into a makeout session, but before it can go any further he pulls away, abruptly sitting up and gasping as if he can't breathe.
"What's wrong?" I question as I quickly sit up to check on him.
"I don't know," he responds with a small frown as he breathes normally again, "It felt like someone cut off my oxygen for a second," he says, trying his best to explain what happened.
"Like you were being choked?" I ask and he nods slowly.
I stand up from the couch to get him some water as he tries to clear his throat but ends up coughing instead.

"Here you go," I say, holding the glass out for him before sitting down next to him.
"Sorry for interrupting our session," he says "Again," he adds as he sips on his drink and I run circles on his back "It's okay," I inform "We'll get another chance, don't worry," I add, shooting him a small smile.
"It's just..." he breathes out "We've been dating for what? Two months?" he half-questions "And we never had time to do anything. I mean we didn't even go on a date," he exclaims and I rest my chin on his shoulder.
"I'm not really good with dates," I admit "Well, I've never had one," he points out, turning his face as much as possible so he can look at me.
"We don't need a date to show how much we love each other," I explain and he smiles a little, before his smile turns back into a serious expression, his eyes wandering down to his hands.
"I just wanted to be normal. At least for a day," he explains "I want that too, trust me, but we're not normal and I doubt we'll ever be," I inform.
"I know," he responds, rubbing his face and I take my chin off his shoulder before pulling him into a sideways hug.
"Is it just me or is it hot in here?" Theo questions after a couple of seconds and I frown a little "I think you're burning up a little," I respond and he pulls away a few inches to look at me "Are you sure it's me?" he asks and as I'm about to put my hand on his forehead to check, he stops me so I swat his hand away before managing to take his temperature.
"Do you think it has something to do with the choking thing?" I question but before he can answer, my mum, walks in through the door.
"Hello boys," she greets. "Hi Mary," Theo greets back, before standing up.
"Goodnight," he says, kissing her cheek before disappearing into our room.
"Is he okay?" mum questions as I mirror Theo's movements, "I think so," I respond and she sighs before saying goodnight and I disappear into my room myself, lying down next to an already sleeping Theo.