Fourteen

It was the funeral. I wore my little black dress, it had a pink bow on it but it didn't matter.

"Don't cry. Crying ruins your makeup!" Stepmom said. She looked at me. "My big girl!"

"I'm not yours. Let me go, I will cry."

"But your mascara will run!"

"Like I care, bye."

"REBECCA REESE WINTERS!"

"What?"

"Your makeup is important! It covers up how all the ugly spots!!!"

"Shut up!"

"Watch your mouth young lady!"

"You're not my mom!" Stepdad started the car.

"Honey!" I came running. I threw off my high heels and put on my formal shoes.

"THOOSE ARE EXPENSIVE!"

"I don't even like them!"

"REBECCA!"

"Bye!" I slammed the door and went into dad's red convertible.

"So let me guess, you two fighting again?"

"You'd think we'd get along better."

"Yeah. But let's go!" Stepdad was a lot more fun. He blasted some music. On my birthdays he gives me Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and I love that. But last year we figured out Stepmom is allergic to peanut butter, the bad way. It was funny to watch her face puff up. I didn't really like her. But she wanted me.

"Hey dad, are you still going to get me Reese's on my birthday?"

"Yes honey, just hide them from your mother." Then he looked at me. "Stepmother I mean." Soon we were at the graveyard. "Stay safe. Text me when it's over."

"I'll tell you where I am. Candle Club is planning to go to Dazzle's house afterwords."

"Okay, honey. Stay safe."

The funeral seemed to sad after Dazzle spoke it was my turn.

"My name is Rebecca Winters. I barely knew Sadie. But I knew she still lives in us." I took a breath and looked around. "Every time I think of her I think of a girl riding a horse, not knowing who she is."

---

That night I sat on the edge of my bed and fall back. I close my eyes.

Sadie is cleaning up my kitchen.

"What would you like for supper, Miss?"

"Whatever you want to make."

"Yes, Miss." She stopped and started to cook. I walked out and put on my cloak. I button it together and walked down towards the dungeon. I see a lady in the dungeon. I notice she looked like my stepmom.

"What do want?" She says all nasty, "You prisoned me here."

"Why?'

"You don't like me. You're the queen. You can do what you want." I turn around and leave. I walk around until I find a room full of people. I realized I forgot a meeting.

"Welcome Queen. Thank goodness you weren't that late." A elder woman said and bowed.

"Thank you. What is the problem?"

"Nothing. We need to discuss the fate of Castellia Winters."

"Yes. I think her fate should be death." I realize it is my stepmom. I don't want her in any of my worlds. All she cares about is her, her, her, her. Her. Me? Everyone basically.

"So it is decided. How shall she die?"

"Execution!" Shouted a young girl. "Sorry!"

"I am the duchess of Joan." A woman said and bowed to me. "I think her fate is hanging."

"Hanging and Execution disgusts me. I think her fate is an unpleasant death I do not want to see. I demand to see her body after words."

"So it shall be it my queen." The elder woman says and bows. "When shall it be done?"

"Thursday afternoon at 6:44 .p.m."

"Why that time?" Asks the young girl.

"That is her birthday." I said.

"Why kill her on her birthday?"

"She is pure evil."

"Evil isn't born it's made!" The girl squeaked then covered her mouth.

"DELIAH!" The elder woman snapped. "Sorry my queen." She bowed. I left the meeting and hurried outside the castle with a grey horse.

I got onto the horse and rode off. I soon was in the deep of a forest. It was dark. I saw a man who wore dark armor and hood put a few stray flowers on a wounded, probably dead knight. I got off my horse and looked at him. He turned around and stood up and bowed. For it was Ryan. Ryan?

"Ryan?" I asked him.

"No, my queen my name is Samuel."

"Oh." He came towards me.

"What brings you here my queen?"

"I came to get out of my castle. Why are you here?"

"Some men got lost and I found them to return them to the war, my buddy has died."

"Oh. I am sorry for your loss. Under who's orders was this to happen?"

"Sir Cattle."

"He shall die in the even'."

"No my queen, it is not my fault." He took a deep breath. "It is mine."

"Well we need to get going_" I turned around to look for my horse and to was gone. "I guess we are lost."

"I don't either know where we are. I can bring you to my camp?"

"Sure." He started to try to pick me up. "Get away from me!" He walked off and I followed him.