Thirteen

I am at the Candle's Club's tea party.

I have my two books, Little Woman and my beloved book that is the only things my parents left behind for me. It has a felt pink case, it's The Secret Garden. It's all pink but the pages. On the first page it says, "Dear, Rebecca Solaris. Our beloved daughter, we leave you this book so you will always have a part of us everywhere." They got it for me before I was born, so if they died I could have them.

I love that book. I read it all the time. I always have it in my hands. When there is a fire drill, I have that book. Wherever I go, there my felt pink book is.

"Rebecca? Rebecca?" Dazzle is looking at me. I look up from my book.

"You. Just. Had. To."

"What?"

"Interrupting my reading."

"Sorry!" She stocked up her hands up in innocence.

"Okay."

"But seriously. We need to get going." I looked over and there was Jessie. She was so into it. Her red hair dome with her cute red headband behind her bangs. Her blue eyes popping out. Her lipstick smiling at me. She takes a sip of fake tea.

"My lady, this so good!" She says.

"We haven't poured into your cup."

"Still, this SO fun!" She giggled. Dazzle rolled her eyes and looked at me

"Jessie is the crazy, weird one. Once she ate a part of a candle. I think that wax made her cuckoo!" She did the cuckoo thing. I laughed.

"She's like a younger sister." Caleb added.

"Shut up!" Said her twin sister.

"Hey! I have a voice so I use it."

"Yeah yeah. Use a better excuse." Caleb turned quiet.

"So who was invited to the masquerade?" I asked to break the silence.

"I was!" Said two other girls I had no clue was. Then Jessie all sad turned to me.

"I wasn't." She made a sad puppy face.

"It's okay!!" I put my hand on her back.

---

Ryan sits on the chair in front of me. I am too busy reading to care.

"Rebecca."

"Nope." I say trying not to be too rude.

"We need to talk about Sadie and all that."

"SHUT UP! YOUR THE REASON SHE'S DEAD!"

"Rebecca!"

"Stop!" I turn away from him with tears. He walks behind me and puts a hand on my shoulder.

"She saved you. You got knocked out first, in a river. She took you till she found an area to get out. I was walking on that path and saw her and you. I called the hospital and the ambulance. Sadie fell into her coma after I called because she was tired. She traveled a whole river with you for a couple hours." I turned around.

"You aren't lying?"

"I wouldn't lie."

"You better not lie."

"I'M NOT!"

"Okay. Okay. I get it!"

"Okay Rebecca." I gave him a hug. I missed him so much. He had ruined and saved my life. Almost Sadie. But yet he still got Cecile. Cecile! It clicked. He wouldn't rid of her. She's a 'treasure'. WHATEVER!

"Thank you."

"No problem. We need to talk more."

"No!" Then I stopped. "Sure."

"What?"

"Cecile?"

"She won't care. Her popularity is more important."

"True. You know her well."

"Yeah. Because of you."

"Don't remind me of 6th grade!"

"Okay!" He took a look around. "Remember Eighth grade?" We both laughed.

"Yes!" I was laughing harder. "I had to sit next to Cecile in Math and I." I was laughing hard. "I." Laughing really hard. "I rolled my eyes and banged my head on my math book, and my parents moved my math class to honors!"