Tenth

I wake up with the heart monitor beating loudly. I take a deep breath.

"The amnesia is gone." A doctor said. "She's fine, Mrs. Winters."

"Thank you so much doctor. I was worried if that was her speaking."

"What?" I asked.

"You were mumbling stuff. You don't mumble."

"Oh. Oh. Oh."

"It's okay. Just sleep and take naps."

"I don't want to sleep!" I try to move my arms but they are chained in. "No!"

"It was so during the Amnesia you wouldn't break things. I guess we could unchain you." He turned around. "Nurse Miller." A small lady with blond hair with pink streaks that was short walked over and used to a key to unlock my arms free.

"Thank you." Step mom stroked my hair. "It's okay, Sweetie."

"What about Sadie?"

"She's still sleeping."

"NO!" I scream. I look over. She's okay but she's still alive. "NO! NO! NO YOU JUST DON'T GET IT!"

"Calm down. She's okay."

"It wasn't supposed to be like this. It should've been me. Not me and her!!!"

"We are going to take care of her until we can find her a family."

"What? WHAT!"

"Sadie's Grandma passed away in the room next door."

"NO!" I was crying. Sadie shouldn't have to suffer like this. I should.

"I have to go, stay strong. Sleep."

"Okay." I grab a pillow and start punching it.

"Relax." Said Nurse Miller.

"NO! SADIE SHOULD'NT HAVE TO GO THROUGH THIS. I ALREADY HAVE. SHE SHOULD'NT!!!!"

"Talk to me."

"I was orphaned at age 3. Alone forever. Finally got adopted. But I was really lonely. Till a week ago."

"So sorry."

"But it's so stressful. It's too much to take in. It's like...like." I didn't know how to explain it. "Sadie shouldn't suffer."

"Time to go." Said the doctor pointing to his watch. They left the room.

"No roaming. Stay put."

"Okay."

"Good girl." Nurse Miller shut the door behind her. I was scared. I was alone with my friend who was in a coma. This is too much. My friend was gone from the earth for a while.

I closed my eyes. I vision a room. I'm walking around in a medieval room. I am wearing a long, with a lots of bows and it's blue. I open a door.

There sitting reading a book wearing pink dress. She looks up to me.

"Rebecca!" She gets up and hugs me. "I was looking all over for you!"

"But you're in a coma."

"No I'm here!"

"No you're In a coma."

"Stop! No I'm not!!! I've been living here. Come stay with me."

"No! We have a life in the modern world!!! You live with your." I took a gulp.

"What about Grandma?"

"She's passed away."

"See I must live here!"

"You cannot live in a dream!"

"Explain why I saw Grandma."

"I don't get this!" I put my hands on top of my head in frustration.

I open my eyes. I am laying down in my hospital bed still. I get up and undo my cords off of me. I walk towards the door. My legs are super sore. I open the door slowly and race out. I fall and trip. I look around. "Help!" I whisper my voice is dead.

"What are you doing out of your bed?"

"I don't know, I want to go."

"Well you got two weeks. Well actually a week and six days left here."

"No! I need out. I've been here for 2 weeks and a day already!"

"Yes but you must stay." Nurse Miller helped me up. "It's okay, Rebecca."

"Okay. Okay. Okay. Okay." She picks me up and walks over to my hospital room.

"You must sleep. Lay and tell me your dream."

"Okay. Okay. I was in a medieval room. Sadie was there. She didn't want to leave. I couldn't take it now I'm here."

"Well it's 2 .a.m. You might want to rest. I'll wake you when you're mother_"

"Step mother."

"Yes, step mother. When she comes I will wake you."

"Yes. Yes. Okay. Yeah." She laid me on my bed. "Okay. Sleep. Yeah."

"Yes, sleep."

"Thanks for understanding."

"No problem, Rebecca."