"You were supposed to be guarding Lady Y/N from your room. I stressed how important it was. Someone snuck in last night. You're damn lucky we caught him before he got upstairs to the Lady you claim to care for. Where were you?" Thor demanded again, roaring.

You drew your wand and held it to Thor's throat. "Thor, drop him! He was with me last night. All night. He wasn't in his room because he was in mine!" you told Thor firmly. Loki made a choking sound. Shit. You didn't want to blast Thor, but he wasn't leaving you much of a choice.

"You swear it?" Thor demanded.

"Yes, not put him down!" your growled, sparks flaring at the end of your wand. Thor's grip loosened and Loki slid down the wall, back to his feet, coughing. "Thor, you ass. You could've just asked," you snarled as you turned to Loki to check out the damage. He obligingly, silently, tiled his head back so you could see the purple bruise on his throat.

"I did. He would not say where he was or how you had been guarded," Thor replied, more calmly now that he had the story.

You placed your hand on the bruise to begin the healing. Loki winced. "Sorry, love, sorry," you told him softly. "But you are a stubborn god," you scolded him gently. You raised your voice again to address Thor. "Of course he didn't tell you, oaf," you grumped at Thor. "It would be unbelievably dishonorable for him to advertise that he had spent the night in the bed of a lady he is not related to, married to, or officially courting," you reminded Thor hotly. You saw Loki glaring over you at his brother.

"My apologies. I should have known-" Thor should have known that Loki wouldn't shirk his duty or besmirch your honor or reputation. Not that you felt sharing a sleeping space with your best friend did either of those things, but you were touched that he had cared.

"You should have," you agreed with Thor. To Loki you added "Lokitty, please remember that no one around his gives a shit about propriety, especially if the question is whether you guarded someone, not if you had sex with them," you reminded the stubborn, too honorable, trickster as you finished on his throat. "But thank you for trying to protect me from your idiot brother," you kissed his cheek.

Before he could do anything more than hug you to him and kiss the top of your head, a call came over the PA. "Suit up!" called Cap's voice. "There's a ton of monsters attacking downtown.

You grabbed Thor's arm, Loki's were still around you, and teleported the three of you up to the flight deck. "Loki, we have to fly in. If we teleport, the team will blast us first and ask questions later," you reminded him while you all summoned your battle armor. You and Thor both held out your hands in an identical manner. Mjolnir flew to his hand and your broom flew to yours.

"She's right, brother," Thor told Loki and offered Loki his hand.

"I am not flying with you," Loki told him coldly with a glare. "You forgot you had a passenger last time and dropped me. From quite a considerable height. I do not wish to repeat that experience,"

"You can't ride pillion. Remind me after this and I'll teach you to ride a broom later. If you don't want the ride from Thor, change forms and you can ride with me," you told Loki quickly. There wasn't time for arguments about how to get to the battle, but he couldn't ride pillion without knowing how, plus you would lose a ton of speed, and he didn't know how to ride a broom on his own. He nodded once and with a flash of green light was back in cat form. He leapt lightly into your arms and you caught him automatically. "I'll meet you there," you told Thor. He nodded, spun Mjolnir a couple of times, and was off. "This flight is not going to be fun for you. I swear I will not let you fall. Trust me, please, trust me," you told Loki. He nodded once in agreement.