Chapter 76

You were woken stupidly early the next morning. You groaned when the maids came in, waking you and the familiar in your bed. Fenna was gone, so Loki must've returned to his bed at some point the previous night.

That didn't stop the maids from barging in to wake you. At least they brought a strong tea to help you wake up. You may have had to stab them otherwise. Once you had enough tea in your system not to kill them, you had to let them tend to you that morning. They were there to help you get ready for your wedding. They drew a bath while you were drinking your tea and eating the breakfast they brought you. You, of course, shared your breakfast with Autumn.

Soon, you and Autumn were in the bath and having to let them wash your back and hair. The bath was perfumed and perfectly heated. The maids were gentle and careful in their washing. You still felt weird about someone bathing you when you were perfectly capable of bathing yourself, but it was your wedding day, so you excused the bit of pampering.

The pampering didn't end there.

You spent the morning at the mercy of the maids. They bathed you and Autumn, did your hair and makeup, made sure that you were dehaired wherever you wouldn't want hair on your wedding day, scrubbed, polished, and buffed. It was amazing what they could accomplish with a bit of magic and a lot of experience.

You had lunch with Frigga, Sif, and Nat, who were looking equally pampered, even Sif, who was less than pleased about it. Autumn had been warned that she wasn't allowed to get dirty that day. Or the maids would give her another bath. Which the fox definitely didn't want.

Late that afternoon, the maids helped you into your wedding gown and you were escorted to the side room where you would wait with Nat and Sif for the ceremony to start. Frigga would be presiding over the ceremony in her capacity as the goddess of family and queen of the realm.

You didn't have time to be nervous. Nat talked to you anyway while you waited. You knew you would be nervous if you had time to think. The entire realm would be there for the ceremony, to watch one of the princes get married.

Thankfully, it wasn't long before Nat and Sif began their procession. The change in music told you when it was your turn. You made your way to the double doors at the throne room, which the einherjar opened for you. Flowers in hand, you made your way up the aisle to the throne. You tried to ignore the people of Asgard staring at you, watching as you walked toward Loki and Frigga with Autumn at your side. Fenna was sitting next to Loki, both of them watching in awe as you made your way to the steps before the throne where the ceremony would take place.

You focused on even steps, on not falling on your face. On how handsome Loki looked in his ceremonial armor and horned circlet instead of his helmet. He was dressed as a prince today in his full glory.

And was staring at you like you were the most beautiful being in the nine realms.

You finally made it to your place before Frigga and handed your bouquet off to Nat, who was your maid of honor. At least Frigga had promised the ceremony would be short. The hand fasting was a simple ceremony.

All of your thoughts left your head when you turned to Loki and his eyes caught yours, when you saw the love and adoration in his eyes.

You took Loki's hands in yours and Frigga stepped up to you. She was the goddess of marriages, so she performed all weddings, especially noble weddings. "Today we come together to seal the bond of Prince Loki and Duchess Y/N of Midgard in matrimony," she looked at Loki and used your Asgardian title, addressing the court and reminding everyone at the same time that this was a noble wedding.. "Do you still wish to take Duchess Y/N as your wife, my son?" She asked him warmly. This was a formality, of course Loki wanted to marry you. Neither of you would be here if you didn't still want to marry.

He inclined his head. "I do," he said with a bright honest smile. You loved seeing him so happy. With Frigga leading the ceremony, of course she could see his true emotions.

Frigga turned to you next. "And do you still wish to take Prince Loki as your husband?" She asked just as warmly, just as formally.

You couldn't take your eyes off of your Loki. "I do," you replied, staring up at him. You couldn't believe this was happening. It seemed like forever ago that you'd met him. It seemed like you knew him your entire life, though it also felt like no time at all had passed.

Frigga drew her golden cord from wherever she had hidden it and wrapped it gently around yours and Loki's joined hands. "As your hands are bound together now, so your lives and spirits are joined in the commitment of love and trust. For always you hold in your own hands the fate of this union. Above you are stars and below you is earth. Like stars your love should be a constant source of light, and like the earth, a firm foundation from which to grow. May these hands be blessed this day. May they always hold each other. May they have the strength to hang on during the storms of stress and the dark of disillusionment. May they remain tender and gentle as they nurture each other in their wondrous love. May they build a relationship founded in love, and rich in caring. May these hands be healer, protector, shelter, and guide for each other," it was the traditional hand fasting ceremony on Asgard. She unbound your hands and handed you each a ring. "As you cannot be bound together physically for the rest of your lives, may these rings be a symbol of your eternal connection," Frigga told you both. Loki lifted your left hand and slipped the slim ring onto your ring finger. It matched your engagement ring perfectly. You did the same, slipping his wedding band onto his left hand as well.

"May I present to you for the first time, Prince Loki and his wife, Princess Y/N. Loki, you may kiss your bride," she announced.

Loki's arm was around you in an instant and pulled you into a deep, breathless, kiss to the cheers of the realm.