Epilogue

It was years before you put the contraceptive potions aside, after you'd travelled the realms, gotten used to your life with your love at your side. The familiars were grown and you and Loki decided it was time to start your own family. It still took awhile before Thor's blessing took proper effect and gave you your daughter.

Loki got a new light in his eyes the day she was born. He loved her more than anything in nine realms and he was an excellent father. Way better than Odin had been to him.

Your daughter grew quickly and it was no surprise to either of you that your little girl had magic. You both took to teaching her to use her abilities safely. She was a ball of light, who lit up everyone she met. She was fast friends with Stark's daughter, Morgan and she and her cousin Torun were inseparable. Thor and Sif had married and Torun was nearly the same age as your daughter.

One Christmas, you were visiting the tower with Loki, Thor, Sif, Torun and your daughter, spending a couple of days with your Midgardian family for the holiday. You caught up with them while the kids ran around laughing and playing. It wasn't long before the allure of the presents under the tree had all of the children impatient to open them.

You sat with Loki on your favorite couch, sipping hot chocolate while you watched your daughter open gift after gift from the team, from her adopted aunts and uncles. The look of excitement on her little face warmed your heart as you watched her and the other children. Autumn was curled on your lap, enjoying being petted while Fenna laid at Loki's feet, keeping an eye on everything to make sure her little (AKA your daughter) was safe.

"Who's that one from?" You asked when your daughter picked up a large, strange box. It wasn't wrapped like any of the others.

She didn't answer you, just held the box in her hands, staring blankly at the bright paper.

Loki sat up straighter when she didn't answer. That wasn't like her. "Witchling?" He asked her gently. She never ignored you, but she extra never ignored her beloved papa.

Without answering, your little girl ripped off the shiny paper to open the box. You and Loki both got to your feet, you holding Autumn in your arms as you stood. This was strange behavior from your darling little girl.

You gasped in shock as she carefully pulled the oh-so-familiar dragon egg from the box and cuddled it in her lap. She looked up at you with bright eyes as cracks began to form in the egg's shell. "Seraphina... she called to me," your daughter informed you.

That was why Sera had called to you again after her second chance. That was why you felt her presence, why you were drawn to each other. Your lives were still entwined.

And she was destined to be your daughter's familiar.

This time.

This time you would do right by her, by your daughter. You would raise them both right and carefully.

Loki took your hand and squeezed it. You looked up at him and gave him a grateful smile for the reminder that you wouldn't be facing this alone.

Loki looked to your daughter and gave her a gentle, loving smile. "That's wonderful news, witchling," he told her fondly.

And you knew, this time, things really would work out. For this was how it was meant to be.

THE END