Age is But a Number (Lesbian story): Chapter 20

“So how’s everybody feeling this morning?” Tina asked sweetly as she sat a stack of pancakes down in the middle of the table. It was the morning after all the chaos had happened and I was still livid. The tension between all of us was so thick not even a knife could cut through it. Neither Laura nor I responded to her.

“I said how is everyone feeling this morning?!” Tina practically screamed and put her hand on her hip.

“Fine…” Laura and I both mumbled as we stared down at our plates.

“That’s more like it. So are you two excited about going to Grandma Ellen’s?” She questioned with a smile then sat down at the table and sipped on her coffee.

“Sure,” Laura replied with no enthusiasm whatsoever.

“At least it’s not Grandma Georgina,” Tina pointed out and we all laughed a little.

“What is she going to have you both do anyway?” Tina inquired.

“Clean out her basement. It hasn’t been cleaned out in years. Every time I offered she said that it had too many memories,” I explained with a sigh. My mother’s basement was spotless except for the back part of her basement. When you first walked downstairs you saw this gorgeous antique furniture but when you walked further back it was like a garbage dump.

“That should be fun. It will give you both a chance to bond. Nothing like a dirty old basement to bring a mother and daughter together,” Tina chimed and Laura and I both stared at her like she was insane.

“Mommy are you tipsy right now?” Laura asked with a concerned look on her face and I couldn’t help but laugh.

“Honey I wish, I wish,” Tina responded then checked her phone.

“It’s almost 11 which means Grandma Ellen is probably home from church. You should both get a move on,” Tina reminded us then stood up and went over to the sink.

“Ughh..” Laura groaned and laid her head down on the table.

“I better not get a call from Grandma Ellen saying that there’s fighting going on,” Tina threatened and I had to bite my lip as best I could. Ever since last night Tina had been treating me like I was a child and I couldn’t stand it. She told me she was treating me like a child because that’s how I was acting. Maybe she was right, but I wouldn’t know until my rage simmered down and right now it was far from simmering down.

“You won’t,” Laura promised then gave me a glare.

“Excuse me young lady but who in the hell are you glaring at?” I demanded and glared right back at her.

“Pookie don’t start it!” Tina shouted and I sighed in annoyance.

“I love guys and hope you have a nice time remember to say hi to Grandma Ellen for me,” Tina smiled and gave Laura and I a peck on the cheek. Laura and I both looked at each other and sighed. It was going to be a long day.

“Aw look at my babies!” My Mom exclaimed as she opened the door and wrapped us in warm hugs. The ride to my Mom’s house had been a long and quiet one. It was probably so long because it was so quiet. Laura had sat there and listened to her music and I just drove. It was the most drive we had ever had.

“Hi Grandma!” Laura screamed in excitement and hugged my Mom tightly. I always loved how close they were. Ever since Laura was little she had loved going over my Mom’s house. Whenever she had to leave she would cry and throw a fit.

“Oh baby you’ve grown so much,” My mom pointed out and we both began to laugh.

“Grandma you just saw me 2 weeks ago,” Laura chuckled.