Age is But a Number (Lesbian story): Chapter 18

Laura's POV

“W-wow Beth,” I said as I finally was able to take in all of my surroundings. We were already halfway through dinner and I had just begun to adjust. Beth had taken me to the most gorgeous restaurant in town. The restaurant itself was in a tall building where the actual dining area was at the very top. I could see the entire city from our table and I loved it not to mention that the food was exquisite. I had a hard time ordering though seeing as though I didn’t understand the menu at all. But Beth helped me through the stages of fine dining. Another thing I loved about this restaurant was that there was a lot of privacy. People weren’t constantly staring you down which I liked because I had no idea what I was doing.

“Oh this old place? I’ve been here a million times before. If you want we could go somewhere else dear,” Beth offered me. I was always shocked by the way Beth tried to outdo herself.

“No, no, no Beth this is perfectly fine trust me. I mean I expected you to take me to the Cheesecake Factory or something. Not a 5 star restaurant,” I admitted as I carefully ate my pasta. I had no idea what kind of pasta I was eating, but it was the most delicious pasta that I had ever had.

“The Cheesecake factory? No dear, I wouldn’t even take my worst enemy to the Cheesecake Factory. I guess you could say I have an addiction to the finer things in life,” Beth chuckled and I began to blush.

“I can’t thank you enough for taking me out tonight. I know for a fact that I would have had a boring night if I would have gone to prom. I probably would have cried at prom…” I confessed and stared down at my plate frowning.

“I don’t know about that, but I just wanted to make sure you had a perfect night haha, and this is just the beginning,” Beth assured me with a smirk then took a sip of her wine.

“The beginning?” I asked in shock. I couldn’t imagine what else Beth had up her sleeve.

“But of course dear. You don’t think I would end this night so soon now do you?” She questioned.

“Uh-uh,” I stuttered.

“Like I said before Laura, I believe in the finer things in life,” Beth reminded me.

“I can’t believe you make all of this money from owning a toy company,” I stated. I remember when Beth first told me that she owned a toy company I believed her, and then I saw her house and became leery. There was no way in hell a toy company owner could afford a sexy car like Beth’s and a mansion with the most epic pool I had ever seen.

“Believe it dear,” Beth laughed with slight nervousness.

“So what kind of toys do you make?” I quizzed. I wanted as much information as possible about this toy company before I could fully say that Beth was lying to me.

“You know all types. Dolls, trucks, you know kid stuff,” Beth explained with slight uncertainty.

“What’s the name of the company? I have younger cousins who just love to play with toys,” I lied. Mommy’s sister Aunt Niecy had had her tubes tied way before I was even born and Uncle Jerome had died when Mom was 20.

“Skylar. You’ve probably heard of it before,” Beth assured me.

“No, No I haven’t,” I responded with slight hostility. I was almost 100% sure now that Beth was lying to me.

“You know Laura your eyes have a bit of green and blue in them,” Beth pointed out as she inched her face closer to mine. I could feel my heart speeding up.

“I-I know. Most people don’t notice it thought,” I mentioned and Beth continued to look deep into my eyes. I always loved staring into Beth’s eyes. I could feel so much sincerity and comfort when I gazed into them.