Age is But a Number (lesbian story): Chapter 8

Mommy’s (Tina’s) POV:

Something is wrong with Laura…when she came home this afternoon she went straight to her room. Usually she stops into my office and asks me how I am and then goes downstairs and raids the fridge. I tried talking to her and she just said she didn’t want to talk. She didn’t say it in a rude way (I wouldn’t have that first of all) but she said it in a way that made me worry. I hate worrying; I haven’t worried since before I met Pookie. Speaking of Pookie, I really need her right now. Apparently she had a bad day at work and needed to blow off some steam. Pookie’s idea of blowing off steam is running. My idea of helping her blow off steam is a long night of passion.

That’s what she used to do for me when we were young. Our story is kind of cliché. It was the whole; Halfway in the closet good girl with a naughty side meets sexy stud lesbian gangsta. I couldn’t help but fall for her though. I was so nervous when I fell in love with her because of the whole age difference thing. I was 16 and she was 20. I didn’t care that she was older; I was just worried about my mom finding out. Lucky for me my mom didn’t find out till I was older. She was so sexy when she was younger and the whole older thing just added to it. She had the most gorgeous face (still does), with the sexiest sculpted body (it’s gotten even sexier), and she was a smooth talker (She’s even smoother now).

 It was weird how we first met though. I had been walking home at night from work and missed the bus. I was beyond pissed and to top it all off rain started to drench me. Now when your hair is in a big fluffy afro that you take pride in and rain ruins it, you’re about ready to shoot someone. I stood there on the bus stop with my face twisted into the most disgusted expression and I was cussing to myself. All of a sudden this old car pulls up next to me with its music blasting and the bass vibrating the car. My first instinct is to run, but I didn’t. When the window rolled down that’s when I saw her. Her haircut was so fresh, her warm eyes made me melt, her lips looked so kissable, and her curves mixed with strong muscles made me want to just jump on top of her. Of course she offered me a ride and I climbed in. Like I said, she was a smooth talker and could have had me right then and there if she wanted. I didn’t think she liked me though, I kept thinking she thought I was a baby to her. I didn’t even feel that attractive when I was younger. I was a slight tomboy and my chest, legs, and hips were the only desirable thing about my body. I thought for sure she wanted a real woman.

When we first dated I’m not going to lie I had some big trust issues. I can’t even count the amount of times I accused her of staring at other girls. Every time someone older than me passed I would watch her closely. She never watched them. I remember one night I made her so irritated. I accused her of liking this one hoe that lived in her neighborhood. We were home alone at her house and fussing so horribly at each other. She started charging across the room straight at me. I was so scared; I thought she was going to hurt me. But no, she picked me up and threw me onto the bed. That night she took my virginity and we made sexy, sensual, aggressive, and kinky love. After that night I never accused her again because I knew I didn’t have a reason to.

 Being with Pookie made me realize so much and made me really open up. I promised myself that I would never judge who my son or daughter chose as long as they were in love. When I was 18 and finally told my mom about Pookie she was so devastated. She secretly knew I was gay, but she didn’t like the fact that I had chosen someone older and she certainly couldn’t understand why I wanted a woman that was so masculine. I kept trying to tell her that age means nothing and that Pookie was still a woman despite her built body. She wasn’t trying to hear it though, she thought for sure I wanted a man and accused Pookie of raping me. It wasn’t just my mother though; it was a lot of people. Few people could understand why I craved everything about Pookie. They couldn’t understand how the beautiful mesh of masculinity and femininity that Pookie had made me bite my lip. They couldn’t understand how someone with such a rough past could have a beautiful soul. They couldn’t understand why a good girl would want a “thug”. They couldn’t understand why I loved her.

No one has been there more for me than Pookie and she is the reason why I have few worries. The thing that’s kind of funny though is how I used to be the worry wart and now she is. She used to be the one who had a natural high (with occasional help from Mr. Green), she used to be the peacekeeper, but now it was me. Ever since Laura became a teenager Pookie’s mellowness has completely disappeared. She gave Laura the talk so much; I wouldn’t be surprised if the idea of sex bored her to death. I don’t want Laura to be afraid of sex; I just want her to know when the time is right. We raised Laura so well I know for sure she’ll know when the time comes. Ironically her biggest fear has been the idea of Laura ending up with someone older than her before she turns 18. I told her a million times how hypocritical she is for being strict against that when she had me pinned to the bed at 16 when she was 20. I swear it has to do with the fact that her mom and dad were 20 years apart. She hated her father with a passion.

“He was nothing more than a mutha fuckin’ drunk and a fuckin’  waste of semen.” Is what she always says when someone brings up her father. Her father died when she was about 13 and she had to hold the house down. Pookie’s father was manipulative, abusive, and he blew his money at the bar. Now every time she thought of a relationship that had a huge age difference it made her skin crawl. There’s no use of trying to change her mind, she’s been stuck in that mindset since before we even met. When I asked her how she felt about there being an age difference between us she said that we were an exception. I just rolled my eyes at her and laughed. When you’re with someone for so long you just learn to accept some things.

One thing I will not accept is her being grumpy before bed. When she comes in from jogging and after she takes a shower I’ll use all my little tricks to make her relax. I’ll massage her, do the whole reminisce thing, and stroke her head while it’s on my chest. In about an hour she’ll be sleeping like a baby and I’ll feel at ease once again. Except for the fact that my teenage daughter is upset, that’ll worry me all night. But I shouldn’t be worried should I? It could just be her hormones stressing her out. I don’t need to worry; I know my daughter is fine. She just needs some time to herself. Yeah, Laura will be fine, Pookie will be fine, and I’ll be fine. Everything will work out just fine…I hope…