Age is But a Number (lesbian story): Chapter 14

Laura’s POV

“Hmmm, sweetie maybe you should wear something a little less…dark,” Mommy suggested. Bright and early this morning Mommy called me from my lovely new phone and insisted that we go shopping for a prom dress. So she picked me up from “Jessica’s” house and drove me to the mall. For about two hours we had been trying to decide on an outfit but we couldn’t find the perfect one. The one I had on right now was completely plain and black.

“This is how I feel about my date,” I sighed as I stared in the mirror at myself and tried not to puke. I had a pretty nice body. It wasn’t big and it wasn’t small. My chest was the perfect size for me and my curves were beautiful. The only problem I had with clothes was finding clothes that fit my personality. Dresses in general didn’t fit my personality so how in hell was I going to pick out a prom dress?

“Who is this boy anyway? Have I met him before?” Mommy questioned as she looked at me very closely. Mommy trusted me completely, but when it came to parties she was always a bit leery.

“Just some guys my friend is friends with. I told you he’s a dick and the only reason why I’m going with him is because I have no one else to go with and all my friends are going. And I know you don’t want me to miss prom,” I complained and went back in the dressing room to change.

“Sweetie if he’s such a dick then go alone. Plenty of people go to prom alone. You know your cousin Francesca right? She went to prom alone remember?” Mommy reminded me and tried not to burst into laughter.

“Francesca is disgusting; the only reason why she went to prom alone is so she could hook up with other girls’ dates. Doesn’t she have like three STD’s?” I requested and looked at Mommy closely.

“That may be true, but she went to prom alone! She was bold!” Mommy exclaimed and began to burst into laughter with me.

“Mommy don’t you remember prom when you were my age?” I questioned.

“Of course I do dear. Your mom took me. No one questioned us because everyone thought your Mom was a boy,” Mommy answered sweetly.

“See! You didn't have a date that wasn’t a complete dick!” I whined and came out of the dressing room in my black tank and jeans.

“But baby in my day you couldn’t go to prom unless you had a date. I’m 38 remember? A lot has changed since I was your age,” Mommy reminded me and hugged me tight.

“I just don’t want to go,” I sighed and suddenly my phone began to buzz in my pocket. I had been using my phone nonstop since I got it and texting Beth had become second nature to me.

“I miss you”. The message read and I felt my cheeks blush. I knew that Beth and I weren’t dating, but still the thought of her actually missing me made me want to squeal.

“I miss you too hehe.” I replied. Tomorrow was the beginning of a new school week and I knew for sure I wouldn’t see Beth as often.

“You’ve been on that phone ALL day and night. I can’t believe Mom hasn’t raised hell about it yet,” Mommy chuckled and watched as my fingers flew across the keys.

“Me too, but Mommy you know I’m not stupid. I’m not going to do anything that could hurt me,” I promised. It was true though. If I even thought for a second that Beth was out to hurt me I would cut off all contact and tell her.

“I know sweetie,” Mommy smiled and began to walk around the store again.

“Mommy, who are Vicki and Charlie?” I asked nervously. Ever since Grandma Ellen and Grandma Georgina had bought the two names up at Dinner the other night it had been bothering me subconsciously.

“Just some old friends,” Mommy answered vaguely and ran her hand across a blue crystal studded dress.

“Then how come Grandma Georgina said it was all their fault? What was all their fault?” I demanded and followed Mommy through the dress store.

“You know Grandma Georgina is becoming senile, she blames everyone for everything,” Mommy laughed uncomfortably and continued to stroll around the store.

“But the way she said it jus-“ I began

“Sweetie calm down. Grandma Georgina is just crazy. How about we look for this dress tomorrow? I know you probably don’t feel like trying on another 20 dresses and neither do I.” Mommy interrupted as she walked towards the exit.

Can’t wait to see you,” Beth texted me. I stared at the message for a moment in deep thought then completely switched off the phone. The way Mommy had dismissed the subject so fast made me worried too worried. I knew I was in store for something I wasn’t ready for…

Beth’s POV

You would think a 45 year old woman would slow down her impulsivity. Wrong, I just get more impulsive with age. Speaking of age, my impulsivity has drawn me towards someone who is 3 times younger than me. I’ve never dated a woman three times younger than me. I thought 18 was crazy damn I’m going after a 17 year old. Resisting Laura was impossible. Age means nothing. Laura is intelligent, mature, and so worldly for someone who has yet to even travel the world. She is beyond tempting.

Even the way she talks makes me crave her. She has a habit of randomly biting her lip when she gets into a deep topic. I remember when we started talking about art. Her irises lit up and I could see the curiosity and wonder all over her face. And the way she kissed me in the bathroom the night before made me want to rip her clothes off and dive into my racy desires.

I’m not going to lie; the fact that Pookie is her Mom scares the shit out of me. Pookie is built she could knock my ass out easily. If Pookie finds out I’d probably wake up to gunshots. You can take a girl out the hood, but you can’t take the hood out the girl. Pookie will fuck you out if you get on her bad side. That’s something I always loved about Pookie though. Even though she was living the good life now and had changed for the better she never forgot who she was and never tried to act better than anyone else. She reminds me of myself in so many ways. I grew up like trailer trash now I’m a millionaire but I never forgot who I was and will never forget who I am.

Apparently who I am is a person who is swimming in beyond dangerous territory. If this continues, for the next month I’ll have to live in fear of being sent to jail. Not to mention the emotional toll it’s going to take on Laura if I’m sent to jail. Ugh this next month will be hell and heaven. Laura already things I’m crazy considering that I’ve booked us a place in Italy for her prom. Yeah, I know it’s a bit much but hey a girl like her deserves it. I remember my prom it consisted of a horrible dress, spiked punch, and no date. Ah what beautiful High School memories.

I’ve really outdone myself this time though. I even went as far as buying her the most gorgeous prom dress. Yes, I bought Laura a prom dress. I had it shipped from Italy it costs a pretty penny, but a pretty penny is just a penny to me. I can’t wait to see the look on Laura’s face when she sees the dress. She is going to flip the fuck out.

I’ve been so caught up with Laura I’ve been failing to attend to my duties in the business world. 2 of my clubs need to be renovated, we’re shooting a commercial for our new line of toys, and I’m supposed to be hiring a party planner for our celebration to launch our new products. Not to mention the million and one meetings I have to attend and the fact that I constantly add more things to my giant to do list. Yeah, my life is beyond hectic. If Laura and I do start dating I don’t know if she’s going to be able to handle all of my chaos.

I mean what 17 year old is going to be okay with their 45 year old girlfriend owning 3 sex clubs and being in charge of the most successful sex toy line to ever hit the market? Yeah, no 17 year old girlfriend would be okay with that. I have so much to do I swear I need to hire an assistant. Maybe that’s what I’ll do; hire an assistant to help me handle all this shit. Yup, I got this. I’m Beth Skylar; I’m Beth Skylar the Wonder Woman. I can take on any challenge and I can do anything I want to. I’ll be just fine, at least I think so.