Age is But a Number (lesbian story): Chapter 12

Beth’s POV

“What do you mean she’ll be here in ten minutes?!” Laura screeched as she flipped out the bed and frantically began pacing.

“I-I didn’t know what to say so I just pretended to act like a mom! Oh and if she asks, you have a friend named Jessica,” I explained nervously. I had just gotten off the phone with Laura’s mom and just hearing her parent’s voice freaked me out. I felt slightly relieved because I knew something was about to happen, I felt angry because secretly  wanted something to happen, and I felt like a nervous wreck because her Mom would be there any second.

“Which mom was it?!” Laura demanded as she grabbed her bag and began stuffing her belongings inside of it. I tried as hard as I could to remember which one of her mom’s had called, but strangely I was drawing a blank.

“I-I’m not sure, she didn’t say,” I confessed and her face turned red with fury.

“Did she have a cute gentle voice or was it really mature and serious?” Laura questioned then ran downstairs. I followed after her immediately.

“Definitely deep and serious,” I answered and now her blue grey eyes were wide with fear.

“I am soooo dead! Soooo dead!” Laura cried out and again began to pace.

“How about we just say that um Jessica is sick and is upstairs sleeping? That sounds valid,” I suggested and watched as Laura’s irises began to shrink.

“Hmmm that could work, but my mom is so suspicious you don’t understand,” Laura insisted and the sound of a car pulling up came from outside. I swore my heart dropped.

“Damn, damn, damn, damn, damn!” Laura screamed while her whole body shook. Suddenly the doorbell began to ring and I could have pissed my pants.

“Ok, ok, we got this. Just pretend like everything is fine,” I said as I took one last deep breath before opening the door.

“POOKIE!” I screamed before my mind even had enough time to process the whole situation. At my doorstep was Pookie, the best personal trainer I had ever had. I remembered way back when she first started out. I was about 30 and my body needed a serious modification. Everything on me just didn’t seem as tight as it used to be, but that all changed when I met her.

“BETH!” Pookie screamed back after she looked at me real close. Now a huge grin was on her face and she slapped my hand and pulled me in to one of her a tight hug. As I looked over to the side I noticed Laura’s eye had dropped, and then it all started coming together. Pookie was Laura’s mother. Now my jaw was dropped but I had to play it off as best as I could.

“Damn girl I haven’t seen you in years!” Pookie exclaimed and released me from her choking hug.

“Haha, what are you doing around here? I thought you still lived all the way downtown with Tina,” I asked nervously trying to distract her as much as possible.  The one thing that always amazed me about Pookie was how much she paid attention to detail. If I couldn’t distract her well enough she damn sure would figure out Laura and I had been here all alone.

“Nah, me and my baby moved uptown years ago when we got Laura. Haha, but I didn’t know you had a daughter now! Damn I can tell she’s spoiled by the looks of this house. Luke’s all grown up now isn’t he?” Pookie asked and I felt my heart beat faster. From the side of my eye I saw Laura’s face go from confusion to pissed.

“BEEP!” The car began to blow. When I looked over Pookie’s shoulder I saw an elderly woman beeping the horn with a furious look on her face.

“That old fuckin’ bat.” Pookie cursed than turned to roll her eyes at the old woman.