Baby Fever

Niall and I were anxiously waiting for our surrogate. I bounce my knee up and down as we wait in the quiet room. Niall turns to look at me and gives me a soft smile. He places his hand on my knee to make it stop moving and I relax a little. Niall and I have been married for 2 years now and we've been talking about having a family. We finally hired a surrogate so we are waiting on the results to see if she is pregnant. I've never wanted to be a dad so bad until I had to take care of Theo, Niall's nephew. Seeing him grow up into his own little person is the best thing I have ever experienced. I look at Niall. We used his sperm because I want my son or daughter to have those gorgeous blue eyes of his. I smile at the thought of a little Niall running around. Niall turns to look at me and furrows his eyebrows. "What are you smiling about?"  "I'm just thinking of our baby.. and how bad I want the baby to look like you." I see him blush and he turns away embarrassed. We finally see our surrogate peeking through the door and i immediately stand up. I walk towards her and from the corner of my eye I see Niall walking behind me. "So?" I ask nervously. Niall takes my hand in his and squeezes it lightly. I look at her and she looks at me. Her eyes starting to water. I frown and she smiles. "Congratulations!!!! You guys are going to be dads!" My eyes widen and I let out a sigh of relief. I then start squealing and pull them both into a hug. "We're going to be dads!!" I let go of our surrogate and wrap Niall tightly in my arms. He giggles and I kiss his forehead. He looks up at me. "We're going to be dads!" He says. I lean in to kiss him. He kisses me back and I pull away, resting my forehead against his. "We are," I smile. At this moment I knew Niall was definitely the person I wanted to spend the rest of my life with and the person I wanted to start a family with. At this moment I knew that our life had just began and that we were about to experience something life changing. I close my eyes and smile wide. I couldn't be anymore blessed to be able to experience this with Niall by my side.

(A/N: short but sweet,