Chapter 24

CATO

I suddenly find myself on the cornucopia with fire girl and lover boy. There were also genetically mutation wolves trying to get us from the bottom. How did I get into the 74th hunger games? Then, Peeta is charging towards me with a knife. I easily dodge him, but he begins to smirk. Then I hear a muffled scream. I zip back around to see Clove tied up with duct tape over her mouth guarded by Katniss.

"You're not going to win this time, Cato. You're worthless, and so is she." Katniss says. Peeta grabs my arms in a way so I can't move. Katniss reaches into her quiver and pulls out an arrow.

"I've been wanting to do this for a long time." She says. Then Katniss laughs maniacally and stabs the arrow through Clove's heart.

"Finish him off Peeta." Katniss orders. Then I am thrown over the edge of the cornucopia, and strait into the mutts below. Then I am screaming.

"What are you doing? Trying to get us killed?" Finnick yell-whispers. So it was just a nightmare after all. Thank God.

CLOVE

Brutus is taking me strait to Snow's office, and I don't have a very good feeling about it. We find ourselves face to face with a peacekeeper.

"And what do you think you two are doing?" He snarls.

"I needed to talk to Snow." Brutus answers.

"One second." He says. He enters the room to get President Snow's permission. A second later he comes back out.

"You have five minutes." The peacekeeper growls. Brutus turns to me.

"Stay here kid." Says Brutus. "Trust me." I nod, and he enters. I patiently wait for Brutus, when I hear a scream. The peacekeeper opens the door and rushes in, and I get a glimpse of what happened. President Snow is laying on the floor, blood spilling out of his mouth, with a knife in his heart. My heart skips a beat. Then Brutus punches the peacekeeper in the face, and then runs out of the room.

"Come on Clove, were getting out of here!" Brutus says. "Follow me." We sprint until we find a special door. Brutus fumbles with the keys, then opens the door, and slams it shut behind us. What I saw almost stopped my heart. Marvel, Maria, and Peeta were in the room.

"How are they alive?" I whisper.

"After their cannons went off and they were carried back, I stole their bodies. They weren't exactly dead yet, so with the help of healers from all over Panem, we secretly brought them back to life. These were the only ones who could be saved." Brutus says.

"Impossible." I whisper. "Why did you save them?"

"Clove, now that Snow is dead, we're gonna cancel the games. The new head gamemaker is in on it." Answers Brutus. "We're getting Cato out."

I can't help myself from grinning ear to ear. There is still hope left in this horrible world.

"Congrats on winning Clove." Maria says. I smile at her.

"Thank you." I reply. I look over at Peeta who looks quite uncomfortable.

"Peeta listen, I'm sorry for killing Katniss. It was the only way that I could win. She was one of my biggest competition. I hope you understand." I say. Peeta nods.

"I understand, it's just like, everyone but me gets to have their happy ending. I just feel incomplete without Katniss." Peeta replies.

"Actually" Marvel interrupts. "None of you know this, but I was in love with Glimmer. When I saw her trying to flirt with Cato, I knew I had no chance. But one night in the arena, she told me it was only to make me jealous, and she really liked me instead. When she died, my heart split in two. I had to pretend like I didn't care, but I did. We have more in common then you think, Peeta."

"I'm so sorry Marvel." I respond.

"It's alright. Bad things happen to us all." Marvel says. Then Brutus gets all of us to look up at the screen on the wall. It shows Finnick and Cato hunting through the jungle, when there is an announcement.

"Attention tributes of the 75th hunger games! Stop what you're doing, the games have been canceled! I repeat, the games have been canceled!"

The TV shows all the tributes shocked reactions. Then a hovercraft comes to pick up the remaining tributes. Brutus looks over at me and smiles.

"Ready for your happily ever after?"