Chapter 19

*Clove's Pov*

Today the tributes scores would be broadcasted on the TV. I decided to go to the bathroom before Cato returned from his private sessions with the gamemakers, but then I remembered something. I was supposed to get my period 2 days ago. My heart begins to speed up. Could I possibly be pregnant? I couldn't be. The chances were very low. I walk out to find an avox.

"Umm can you bring me a pregnancy test please?" I ask nervously. She nods. A minute later she comes out with a box and hands it to me. I take the test and anxiously wait for the results. If there are two lines, you are pregnant. If there is one line, you are not. After what seems like forever, I look at the rest, and my heart nearly stops. There were two lines.

I shove the test into my pocket and walk out of the bathroom. How was I supposed to tell Cato? Why do I have such horrible luck? I frown and take a seat on the couch. When Cato and Enobaria come back, I whisper in Cato's ear:

"Meet me in my room after the scores." I say. He nods. Then the program begins. Gloss scores a 10, Cashmere scores a 9, Cato scores an 11, and Enobaria scores a 9. Finick scores a 10. All the tributes scored above a five except the district 12 tributes who each got a 3. I can't help but to feel bad for them. They have no chance.

After the program, I go into my room. A few minutes later Cato comes in.

"What's up?" He asks. I can tell he sees the worry on my face. I show him the test.

"You're pregnant?" He whispers. I nod. He smiles then hugs me. I guess he's happy about that.

"I promise I will win. For you and the baby." He says.

"I know you will." I say. Then he leaves. I also leave a minute later and decided to talk to Enobaria.

"I forgot to thank you for volunteering." I say.

"You're very welcome Clove. Brutus was supposed to volunteer in case Cato got reaped, but he went behind my back and betrayed me." Enobaria responded. I pull her in for a hug. She smiles and strokes my black, silky hair.

"I'll make sure he comes back. Even if it means my own death." She whispers.

"There is no possible way for me to thank you for this Enobaria!" I say.

"Consider it a wedding gift." She says. Then she leaves the room. What she did for me was impossible to repay. She is sacrificing her own life so I can be happy with the boy I met when I was 8. Maybe he would make it out. Maybe we could both raise our unborn child. Maybe... just maybe things could go back to what they used to be like before the quarter quell. But they won't. Dead or alive, these games will affect Cato. The will change him. They almost changed me.

Tonight is the interviews. I would watch from the crowd as Cato talks to Caesar. When the interviews do come, the crowd is furious. They don't want their favorite victors dying. When Cato takes the stage, the Capital cheers like crazy.

"So Cato. How are you feeling about going into the games?" Caesar asks.
"Not very good. It's only because... because..." Cato says, then looks at me for reassurance. I nod. I know what he is going to say.

"Because what, Cato?" Caesar questions. Cato takes a deep breath.

"Because of Clove. Especially now that she's pregnant." He says. The crowd begins screaming "CANCEL THE GAMES!" Repeatedly. Caesar tries to calm the crowd down, but it's no use. They crowds yells get louder, and soon, the lights are turned off and everyone screams. Brutus grabs my wrist.

"Were getting out of here." He whispered. We make our way backstage and wait for Cato. He comes back, and I run into his arms.

"I love you." I say

"I love you too." Cato replied.