Chapter 17

*Cato's Pov*

After my wedding, we held a huge wedding reception in the town square. Everyone in district 2 could buy tickets, but our friends and family get in free. When our party begins, there is so much delicious food, and it's impossible to try them all. There was also a dance floor with a DJ.

Many people come up to Clove and I to congratulate us. A few bring gifts. Our party was sure to be broadcasted by the capital. I danced with Clove, and had the best night of my life.

When the party was over, Clove and I went back to my house. Clove decided that she was going to move in with me now that we're married, so I bought my family their own place so they wouldn't bother us. When we're in our pajamas, we get in the large bed, and turn on the TV. Sure enough, Caesar Flickerman is talking about our wedding. Then he tells us to stay tuned for a special announcement for the quarter quell.

"Oh yeah. I forgot this year was the third quarter quell." Clove says. Every 25 years, there is a quarter quell in the hunger games. There is always a twist though. The first quarter quell, districts voted on who they wanted to go to the games. The second quarter quell, there were twice as many tributes. Tonight, they would announce the next twist.

When the TV turns back on, it grabs our attention. It shows president Snow opening an envelope. Then he reads:

"On the 75th Hunger Games, to remind that even the strongest cannot overcome the capital, the male and female tributes will be reaped from the existing pool of victors." Snow says. Clove gasped. At first I am confused, but then I get it. Clove and I have a high chance of going back into the games.

I chuck my remote at the TV, shattering it. Then Clove begins to cry. I wrap my arms around her, saying that it will be okay, even though it won't. There are currently 10 alive victors in district 2. 6 boys and 4 girls. Clove would have a better chance of going into the games, but I would obviously volunteer if she got reaped.

Clove cries all night in my arms. I try my best to calm her down, but it just won't work. There were 8 months until the reaping. I possibly had 8 months left with her. I had finally gotten the two things I had wanted, but obviously it was to good to be true. All of a sudden, I had a deep hatred for Snow. I hated him more than anything, even district 12. I had a gut feeling that I would end up killing him one day.

Over the next 8 months, Clove and I train. She teaches me how to throw knifes, and now I'm pretty good. I teach her how to fight with a sword. She eventually gets the hang of it. We also become more affectionate towards each other, not wasting a single moment. After all, we would probably be going back into the games soon.

Author's note:

Sorry for making this chapter so short. But if either Cato or Clove go into the games, do you want them to survive and start the rebellion or do you want them to parish?