Her Mentor Part 26

It had been a while since Normani had hung out with friends. Her communication with Lauren, Dinah, and Ally had dwindled with the girls all living their own lives. Her own life now consisted of working in the recording and dance studio, maintaining her fitness, networking with people in the industry, and of course, spending time with Beyoncé.  As for Justine, Normani didn't even have to cut her off because Justine was seemingly living under a rock now. It was a shame because Normani loved her like a sister.

"This my song!" Ryan gushed to Normani.

Normani smiled and danced with her to "Nice for What." Princeton did a two-step as he drank. After catching up with Ryan over lunch, Normani invited her to the club as her plus one to Princeton's outing.

"Drama at 5'o'clock, drama at 5'o'clock," Princeton alerted Normani in her ear.

She was confused. "Huh?" She watched as the male moved his head to the side and following his vision, she saw Teyana coming towards her. To say she was staring Normani down was an understatement. The gaze was so strong that Normani knew she couldn't play it off like she didn't see her.

Princeton noticed his friend's reaction and danced in front of her, attempting to block her from Teyana.

"Excuse me," Teyana said, bumping him out of the way, sending his drink to the floor.

He was irate. "Yo!"

"My bad. You want me to get you another one?"

"No." Princeton rolled his eyes.

"Aight." Teyana turned towards Normani who was focused on Princeton. She looked shocked.

"You good, Prince?" Normani asked him.

"He good, it's just a drink, he'll live," Teyana said.

"You better not start no shit," Princeton pointed at Teyana.

"Who the hell you think you talking to, nigga?" She got in his face, clenching a fist.

"Okay, okay," Normani said, getting in between them.

"I ain't trying to start shit. I don't even know why yo' ass cockblocking when we know you don't like girls no way." Teyana looked him up and down.

Princeton, darkened, considered saying something but chose to walk away.

"Is everything okay?" Ryan asked, approaching Normani. Her eyes darted between her and Teyana.

Normani sighed and was about to answer when Teyana beat her to it.

"You a model?" Teyana asked Ryan.

"No."

"You need to apologize to Princeton," Normani told Teyana.

"Apologize? I offered to buy that nigga a drink."

"I'll go check on him," Ryan said before leaving.

"Okay but come back!" Normani called after her. She then looked at Teyana and shook her head at her. "Girl, you are a piece of work, you know that?"

"A work of art, yeah I know." Teyana ran her fingertips over her own pixie.

Normani tried not to smile.

"Anyway, why you been acting like a stranger?" Teyana asked.

"I haven't been acting like a stranger..."

"You changed your hours at the studio so I wouldn't see you no more. Did I do something?"

Normani could see that Teyana actually cared about their lack of contact. She masked another smile.