Her Mentor Part 16

Normani was getting dressed for the night's event when she heard her buzzer. Her brows connected in confusion. She stopped tending to her hair with her curling iron and retreated from her bathroom to her doorway. Through the peephole stood a very familiar-looking light skinned, tall girl with high cheek bones.

Zendaya.

Now Normani was even more befuddled.

She cautiously opened the door and silently took the other in with her eyes, waiting for her to speak. Zendaya was all dressed up. But it was clear that something was weighing on her.

"Can we talk?" she asked.

Normani just nodded and let her in. She scanned the view of Zendaya from behind as the girl entered her home. Her eyes went upwards when the executive assistant turned around towards her.

"Okay, so, this is gonna sound crazy, but I wanted to give you a head's up," Zendaya began. She watched Normani's eyes slant. "My friend Lori, she was gonna out you and Beyoncé at the launch tonight."

Normani processed what she'd just been told. Then her brows lifted. "Wait, wait, what?" her head cocked to the side.

"Lori, the model you've been talking to—that's my friend. And she was planning to let everybody know about you and Beyoncé."

Normani laughed.

"I wish this was a joke, but it's not," Zendaya replied.

"Beyoncé was right," Normani thought aloud. "She tried to tell me."

"I know it's fucked up, but I convinced her not to do it."

"Wait, so you knew she was talking to me that whole time?"

Zendaya's response was delayed. "Yeah."

"Was that a set up?"

"Not really. She really did like you when she met you and then when she found out about us, she...felt different. I didn't care that she liked you though because I moved on." Zendaya shrugged.

There was a lot there for Normani to process but what mattered most was why Lori thought it was her place to reveal her relationship. "So she was spying on me this whole time? Trying to dig dirt on me? For why? To get me back? Me and you weren't even together! And then the bitch had the nerve to act like a fan. How did you even know about me and Beyoncé?"

Zendaya's stressed expression changed to one of a smirk. "Really?"

"Yes, really!"

"We went through this before, Normani. She threatened me to stay away from you and plus you're not the first intern she fucked."

"Oh, please. Receipts. I wanna see the fucking receipts."

"About which, the threat or the other intern she fucked?" Then she sniffed. "Is something burning?"

"What? Oh, shit!" Normani realized she left the curling iron and raced to her bathroom to turn it off. She closed her eyes and sighed.

She heard Zendaya come in the room too and glared at her. "Got me almost setting a fucking fire in my house."

Zendaya blinked and made a face. "Whatever. Look, I know you don't like what I'm telling you, I get it. But at least I came over here to let you know. I could have kept the shit to myself."

"Bitch, please. How long did you know about this? And you want points for telling me five minutes before the damn shit starts? Lori is one thing, I never knew the heifer, but you...I didn't expect this shit from you."