Her Mentor Part 22

Beyoncé walked inside her condo, which contained a décor of white and beige, save for the art room that was colored teal like her Parkwood office.

Calling her lover's name, she was directed to come into the art room. She smiled at the sight of Normani painting a canvas. It had become a shared hobby between the two.

Brush in hand, seated on the oak stool, Normani turned her head to see Beyoncé watching her deeply with a hint of a smile. Normally, the younger of the two would crack a "you're being creepy" joke. But Normani wasn't feeling very playful. "Hey you," she said.

Beyoncé, still in her four inch heels, walked over to Normani and took in her artwork. It was a beach of some sort. "This will be our next getaway," the former Destiny's Child member decided.

Normani looked from the lighter skinned woman to her own illustration and smiled some. "To an island?"

"Yup. Which island is this supposed to be?"

"I actually have no clue...I just went with it," Normani said, a small laugh in her voice. "It can be the Bahamas?"

Beyoncé's smile grew. "Okay, we can do that."

Normani smiled, for real this time. Then she wrapped her arms around Beyoncé's waist, resting her head on her ample bosom. The scent of Beyoncé was serene. It reminded Normani of the spring. She held her lover tight.

"Did you miss me, baby?" Beyoncé asked, pleased with the affection and smoothly gliding her fingers through Normani's jet black tresses. She then kissed the soft skin of Normani's cheek and jaw a couple of times.

Normani's pretty eyes closed as she basked in the sweet kisses that rained on her skin. "I've missed you period...you should sit."

Beyoncé let out this soft chuckle. "Are you sleepy?" She then took Normani's hand and led her to the couch that was positioned on the far right of the room. She stretched her frame along the length of the furniture and had Normani cuddle against her. "I missed you so much...I know things have been busy, but at least we get to come home to each other every night."

"That's true," the protégé agreed.

"By the way, I've been thinking...do you want to move in with me?"

Normani lifted her head and locked eyes with Beyoncé's direct yet patient gaze.

"Is that a good idea?" the former intern responded. "Does Shawn live here?"

"Normani," the CEO sighed, "I told you this is my property and mine only. I wish you would stop worrying about him all the time."

"Well, I'm sorry, I don't mean to annoy you..." said Normani, a bit taken aback by the sudden change in attitude she was receiving. "It's a logical question. He is your husband."

"What part of separation don't you understand?"

Normani felt her body heat up and it wasn't due to lust. She sat up completely. "It's a separation not a divorce," she reasoned. "I don't understand why you're getting mad."

"I'm not mad. I'm just tired of going through this again."

Silence fell between them. Then, Normani got up off Beyoncé.

"Normani," Beyoncé called.

Without another word, the girl went into the bathroom, shutting the door behind her.

Beyoncé's jaw flexed. She swung her legs over the couch so they touched the floor, a frown on her face as she took in what just happened. She didn't mean for the conversation to get intense. That was the last thing she wanted. But Normani seemed to bring up Shawn every chance she got. Sometimes Beyoncé wasn't sure if he was brought up as an opportunity to deflect.