Chapter 12

A/N: The following chapter may be triggering to others. If you feel uncomfortable in any way, I do advice you exit now.

Day 30

Marker has been left open.

"......."

.
.
.
.
.

Jennie's POV:

"Jennie honey? I'm back! Where are you?" I heard my mother call out from the kitchen. I wanted to move, but I couldn't. I just laid on my bed and stared at my ceiling fan, watching it spin over and over again till I could feel my tears drying from my cheeks.

I shouldn't feel this broken. I was only with her for less than a month. I shouldn't feel this much pain.

But I do. And it hurts. Oh God it hurts.

"Jen?" My mom says while opening the door. She walks toward the side of my bed and seats herself down. I could feel her eyes on me but I refused to look. I refused to see the look of concern in her eyes.

"What's wrong?" She asks. And before I knew it, I had placed my hand over my face and cried. It was the hardest I've cried this whole week. My mom gasps and quickly pulls me up and embraces me tightly into her chest. I grip onto the back of her shirt and buried my face into her shoulder.

"It hurts mom. It hurts so much," I sob out. She holds me tighter and doesn't say a word. She just held me as I brought out all the pain I've tried repressing this whole week. This pain hurt me more than I could ever imagine.

I care for Lisa so much. And,

I think I have fallen for her.

After what was only minutes but seemed like hours, I finally stopped crying. I pull away and wiped my tears from my cheeks. My mother placed her hand on my cheek and smiles softly at me,

"I won't force you tell me what happened but just know that I'm here to listen okay?" She says. I smiled sadly at her nodded my head before hugging her once more.

"Thanks mom," I whisper. She pulls back and places an comforting kiss on my forehead before smiling down at me,

"Now, why don't you go to the library and read something that will make you happy hmm?" She says while standing up. I chuckle dryly and shake my head,

"I'm goo—." Suddenly, a memory of Mrs. Lewis knowing Lisa appeared in mind. I remembered the look in her eyes and I just knew she was hiding something from me. Something I should've known all along.

"On second though, yeah you're right. It'll help me ease my mind," I said with a nervous smile while continuously wiping my cheeks dry. Seeming to be satisfied, my mom widens her smile and kisses my forehead once more.

"Good."

Great.

.
.
.
.
.

"Mrs. Lewis!!!!" I yelled out the moment I slammed opened the double doors of the library. The walls shook and the slamming of the door echoed through out the building. Mrs. Lewis jumps in surprise and drops a couple of books on the floor.

"Jesus Christ!!" She yells out. She looks at me with widened eyes as I marched my way towards her. I ignored the glares from strangers and flipped off the same guy that stared at me as if I committed a crime.

I walked right up to her desk and slammed my hands down,

"Mrs. Lewis, I need answers," I demanded. She raises her eyebrows and goes to question till she saw my puffy eyes and rosy cheeks and nose. My hair was disheveled and up in a bun. I was also wearing my glasses to hide my swollen eyes but I can never hide anything from this woman.