His ego hurt, the man's eyes flared with anger. He stepped forward toward the woman, wanting to hurt her. The woman turned to the side and faced her fiancé, who was standing beside her, unaware of what she said to the angry man.

"Makana!" said the woman, turning to her fiancé. He was a short man, reaching only about 5'3." He had muscular arms, and you could tell he was a fit man who went to the gym, but he didn't really look intimidating. The angry man, not feeling intimidated at all, stalked towards Makana.

He looked down at him and said, "Listen here bud. You better control your girl or else I'm go—"

"Is there a problem here?" asked a deep voice, interrupting the angry man before he could finish what he was going to say. The man slowly looked up and saw two big Polynesian security guards behind Makana and the woman. They were much bigger than the angry man himself.

"I said, do we have a problem here?" asked one of the two security guards, repeating himself.

The angry man, turning pale, shook his head side to side like a bobble head and said, "Nope. No problem at all."

Makana smirked and said, "Yeah, we're just enjoying the show."

The two security guards nodded. They both were about to walk away, but one of them paused mid step and turned around. He looked at Makana and said, "Don't forget. Mom's birthday dinner is at 8 o'clock this Friday." Jim nodded and then turned towards the front facing the stage again.

They're brothers, the angry man thought to himself.

While that was going on in the crowd, Hansen was still on stage trying to put on a good show for the crowd.

"We're going to start the bid at twenty-five dollars!" said Kekoa after he finished reading from the index card.

"Twenty-five!" shouted a woman from the crowd, fanning herself with the money, and winking at Hansen.

"Forty-five!" shouted another woman, narrowing her eyes at the first bidder.

"Ninety!" shouted another person from the crowd. People turned towards the voice and saw another woman. Every one of the staff members by the stage watched on in awe as bids were getting higher and higher.

"Three hundred!" shouted another woman.

"Eight hundred!" shouted a man. The man was dressed in skinny jeans, a blouse, and his hair was put in a bun. He looked at Hansen and winked. His expression promised an interesting night if he won the bid on Hansen.

Hansen looked at Frank for help, not wanting to be sold to the man in the crowd. He could tell that even though the person was dressed like a woman, he was really a man. Frank shook his head. He found the whole thing amusing.

"Eight hundred sixty!" shouted another woman.

"Nine hundred!" shouted the man.

Frank finally gave in and decided to save Hansen from the awkward date. He raised his hand and shouted, "One thousand!" Kekoa and the rest of the staff's jaws dropped. They were so happy that Hansen was helping them reach their goal. No other lifeguard had a bidder that shouted more than $800.

"One thousand going once . . ." no one said anything.

"Going twice . . ." said Kekoa.

"SOLD! To the man in the black and red Aloha shirt."

The woman that bid $900 looked at Frank and said in a deep voice, "You and I will settle this later. Meet me in the parking lot." Frank's eyes widened, second guessing the actions he made.

Tiffany was clapping a lot, happy that Hansen wasn't going to go on a date with anyone else. The whole crowd clapped. Kekoa patted Hansen on the back and said, "You were the highest bid! Mahalo for your help!" Hansen waved to the crowd and then walked off the stage.

As Hansen was walking off the stage he saw Thanya talking to one of the staff members, and decided to introduce himself. He never knew when he would get to see her again.

"I'm Hansen," he said to Thanya. Thanya turned around to face him. Hansen thought she looked beautiful from far away. Now being this close to her, he felt he was being hit by a truck. She had beautiful brown doe eyes. A light shining behind her made it look like she had a halo.

She's an angel, Hansen thought to himself.

He saw her lips moving, but he couldn't comprehend anything. He was too busy staring at her. It wasn't until she started snapping her fingers in front of his face, that he finally realized she was talking to him.

"Are you okay?" asked Thanya.

Hansen cleared his throat and replied, "Yeah, I'm Hansen."

Thanya nodded. Then turned around to peek outside from behind the curtains, making sure everything ran nice and smoothly. The principal asked Thanya to oversee the event. Thanya took her job seriously and organized everything. It took a lot of work, but it was all worth it.

The kids will finally get their new playground, Thanya thought to herself with a smile.

"So uh, are all staff here as beautiful as you? If so, I would like to apply ASAP," said Hansen, with a grin.

Thanya was hurt badly in the past by an ex. Her broken heart from being betrayed by her ex caused her to hate all men. She got along with them, she just didn't find any of them attractive. She was content to live the rest of her life single. Hearing Hansen's pickup line didn't sway her one bit.

Also, as she was scanning the crowd before Hansen volunteered himself, she saw him with two other girls and another man. The way that other man was cozying up to the woman left Thanya to assume that the other woman next to Hansen must be his girlfriend.

He's flirting with me while he has a girlfriend? Thanya thought to herself with irritation. She didn't like cheaters. She rolled her eyes and turned her head towards him.

"Look here, Hannarah," said Thanya, purposely messing up Hansen's name.

"It's Hansen," he replied partly amused and knowing full well that she had messed his name up on purpose.

Thanya ignored his comment and said, "I'm going to get straight to the point. You're not my type. Walk away and leave me alone," narrowing her eyes at the end.

His ego bruised Hansen walked closer and said, "What?"

She must have seen me with Tiffany and assumed that we were dating, Hansen thought to himself.

"It's not what you think," Hansen said to Thanya.

"I'm sure," Thanya replied, in a dry tone. Not wanting to be around Hansen, she turned away and walked away from Hansen.

"Wait!" said Hansen.

Not looking back, Thanya continued, walking away, and out from behind the stage, until she could no longer be seen. Hansen sighed with disappointment, bummed that he didn't get her number and hurt that she wasn't at least a little attracted to him. Hansen wasn't enjoying the fair that much, until he saw Thanya. He changed back into his clothes and walked off from behind the stage and back to Frank. Hansen hoped he would someday see Thanya again. Even if just for a moment.