42- late night calls and jealous

Blood rushed to Malachi's head and he felt nauseous all of a sudden

Blood rushed to Malachi's head and he felt nauseous all of a sudden. His knees felt like they'd been hit with a large hammer and he would fall down any minute. He sat down on Abby's roommate's bed and put his face into his hands.

Simi on the hand stood there mute and blank faced. The thoughts that ran through her mind were too much to put an expression to it. All this while they'd been searching for who killed El but Abby had known who it was.

"Who is it?" a lump formed in Simi's throat and she refused to let any tears come out.

Abby moved her gaze between Simi and Malachi, contemplating whether the truth was what they needed. She'd dropped bombshells on them and this last one was too much for even her to handle.
That Elder had been betrayed by someone so close to him; someone who had asked for his help and ended up killing him.

She finally decided on what to do. "No I can't. I can't tell you guys because I was on one of my missions so it's classified information."

That wasn't the truth though. She'd been following Elder because she was worried something would happen to him. Ironically, something did happen to him but she wasn't able to save him.

"Damn it Abby," Malachi formed a fist and restrained himself from hitting the bed. "Stop treating us like kids and tell us!"

For the first time since he'd let some tears fall when he heard about El's demise, he wanted to let go and let more tears out. His breathing became ragged and his heart began beating fast.

"Please?" he asked again, this time his voice choked with emotion and his eyes teary.

Abby and Jamal looked at him in surprise. The perpetually no emotion Malachi was about to cry?

Abby shook her head, "I really wish I could Kai. I know this is what you were searching for and it kills me to do this to you guys."

"It's funny you keep saying how much you felt for Elder but still treat everything like a mission."

Simi walked to stand directly in front of Abby's face. Their eyeballs stared directly into each other's and Simi thought of giving Abby a slap. She settled for the usual hair pulling and grabbed Abby's hair.

Abby let out a scream and the two girls were both on the ground and not on the ground, struggling with each other.
Malachi was nonchalant because Simi was landing a few blows but Jamal rushed to separate them. A blow intended for Abby hit him squarely on the face and he recoiled in pain.

"It was Peter!" he shouted while cradling where Simi had hit him.

Both girls stopped struggling and everyone's attention was on him. Simi moved as far away as possible from Abby and straightened her jeans while Abby brushed down her hair and pretended that Simi hadn't almost punched her teeth out.

Simi shot daggers at Abby with her eyes and directed her anger at Jamal. "What do you mean?"

"I think it was Peter. He was hanging around Abby anytime they came to Forson's place and he must have known Elder too." Jamal explained and asked Abby, "Am I right?"