37- sleepovers and blood baths

That same evening, Julia, Elder's sister sat on the porch of her house waiting for Simi

That same evening, Julia, Elder's sister sat on the porch of her house waiting for Simi. They'd made plans to have a sleepover and catch up with everything. She was still at home even though she'd finished university two years prior. The unemployment rate of their country had risen and she'd been affected.

She was browsing on her phone, Pinterest capturing all her attention, when she heard Simi climb the stairs to the porch. Julia ran to her and embraced her in a hug.
"I've missed you girl!"

Simi dropped her bag on the floor as she returned the hug, "I've missed you too Julia."

They walked inside, hand in hand as Julia told Simi all about her day. A nostalgic feeling washed over Simi and certain memories tried to come up as she entered the house but she brushed it away and focused on one person; Julia.

 A nostalgic feeling washed over Simi and certain memories tried to come up as she entered the house but she brushed it away and focused on one person; Julia

On the other side of town, Jamal was already in place at the topmost area of the seats and Malachi was on the lawn of the large park waiting for Peter.
He was almost a half hour late and both boys were agitated. Malachi saw a dark figure in a hoodie approaching him and his heart began beating fast. His palms were sweaty and his knees wobbly.

How did Elder do this? He asked himself as he watched the guy walk towards him.

"You got the cash?" the guy asked.

The voice was unmistakable to Malachi; it was Peter's. If he'd been able to recognize his voice, then he had to mask his so that Peter didn't recognize his as well.

He deepened his voice and replied, "Yeah. Got the deal?"

"It's here," Peter patted the side of his hoodie.

The guy looked familiar to Peter. From his posture to his voice. I know this guy. Maybe if I could see his face. Peter took a closer look.

"What are you doing?" Malachi retreated from him.

"Nothing," he gave a curt reply, his suspicions growing by the minute.

"Good. Here's your money."

As Malachi gave the wad of cash to him, he turned to face Jamal's hiding place so that he could take the photos of them with Peter's face in view.
Peter took the money and pulled put a wrapped box. Just as he handed it over, he heard the shutter of a camera.