9- wonder woman and flash

Six years ago

Six years ago

"So what happened after?" Elder asks Simi, anxious to hear what she would say.

The previous day, one of the most popular guys at their middle school had pulled Simi into an empty classroom and wanted to 'just talk'.

"Well after he said he liked me, I just stared into his eyes. I mean, the most popular guy in school liked me? I could have fainted El." Simi fakes a faint, puts her hand on her head and falls on Elder's bed.

"So you didn't say anything?" Elder scrunches his face.

"I would have but I ran out of there when he tried to put his lips on mine," Simi giggles.

The guy, Richard is cute and everything but she's afraid of what her classmates might think of her. The previous week, a rumour had spread between the girls that Richard made one of the girls do nasty things with him.

"That sucks Si." Elder sighs and stretches himself beside Simi.

"Why does this mean so much to you anyway?" she asks him.

"Well I can't leave you alone when I start bedding my runway of models." Elder props up on one elbow and winks at Simi.

"Eew El. My ears are bleeding." Simi picks a pillow and threw it at her bestfriend.

"You know you want to a piece of this babe." He gets up and flexes his arm muscles and plops a kiss on his left bicep.

"Only in that dream world of yours!" Simi laughs although there's a fluttering feeling in her stomach and she feels shy all of a sudden.

The receptionist at the Dr.James' work floor was bored with the cute guy with an afro trying to keep a conversation and failing. And the last thing she wanted was her boss to catch her flirting on the job.

"Hey cutie. I like you but I've got to find one of the interns to take over for me while I go on my break. I'm pretty hungry." she said and smiled at Malachi.

Malachi pretended he was sad in an attempt to buy him and Simi more time. He had been waiting for her about half an hour now.

What is she doing there? Taking the temperature of elephants?

"I love your hair colour though. Did you dye it yourself?" Malachi tried one last time with the lady.

"Nice try hun but you can stop now. Your friend is coming back. She sneaked in to see her boyfriend right?" the receptionist gestured behind him and Malachi turned.

Simi was coming towards them with a guy who looked slightly older than them. Her hair was wet and she was wearing a baggy sweatshirt over her shirt. The guy was talking to her and Simi kept giggling like crazy as if the guy's breath was laughing gas.

"Simi?" Malachi raised her eyebrows when they reached he and the receptionist.

"Hey Kai. This is Peter. I got vanilla shake spilled on me and he helped me clean up and gave me this to put on," Simi said, pointing to the sweatshirt.

"Hey man," Peter extended his right hand to Malachi and he received it with a frown on his face.

The receptionist looked at them carefully and suddenly asked, ''Wait so she didn't come here to see Peter? Why did you guys come here then?"

Both Malachi and Simi realized that she sensed that something didn't add up.
"It was nice meeting you guys." Malachi said and walked out of the floor in a haste with Simi following him closely.

Peter shrugged at the receptionist and went to back to work.

Simi caught up with Malachi at the parking lot of the hospital. He was walking very fast and hadn't turned when she shouted his name twice.

"Slow down there Flash."

"We come here to do something and you're flirting with the first guy you see?" Malachi turned and fumed.

A loud thud sounded in the parking lot and Malachi's jaw dropped. He definitely wasn't expecting the slap and felt a sharp sting in his left cheek. Simi looked angry and put both hands on her hips.

"Damn girl, you have the hands of Wonder Woman or something?" Malachi said, his hand caressing his cheek.

Simi smiled so hard until she burst out laughing. Malachi smiled and hugged her out of the blue.
"I'm sorry I said that."

"That's okay." She said and pulled out of the hug. "You won't believe what I found out."

"What?" Malachi asked her.

"So normally Dr. James works hand in hand with the medical interns. When Elder came in that morning, none of his interns was around but he still did the autopsy and with the receptionist. Peter said they all found it strange because it was mandatory he did his work with at least one intern around." Simi poured out.

"How did you get all this out of him?"

"A girl has her ways." Simi winked at him. "So what now?"

"Now I have a date to schedule with a very pretty receptionist." Malachi said and took out his phone to call the receptionist.

"How did you get her number?" it was Simi's turn to be surprised.

"A boy has his ways." Malachi winked back at her.

" Malachi winked back at her

Author's Note

Did you expect that slap from Simi?  I know I didn't!
The short form of Simi's name, Si, is pronounced C not Psy, in case any of guys were wondering.
Thanks for reading!