35- reminisce and don quixote

"Of course

"Of course. What do you need?" Peter asked him.

Malachi deepened his voice and continued talking, "I've been stressed out for a while now and exams is approaching. I need to relieve some tension."

Jamal nodded to Malachi in approval and gave him a thumbs up.

"Where are you?"

Malachi turned to Jamal and Jamal muttered the name of the school park to him. it was a good idea; they'd meet at the school park, while Malachi and Peter talked, he'd take the photos they needed.

"I'm off campus right but we can meet at the University park. Is that cool with you?"

There was silence over the line and Malachi wondered if Peter had caught that they were fake. After a minute when he didn't say anything, Malachi tried again.

"Hello?"

"Yeah I'm still here. We can't meet during the day. Too many eyes. Tomorrow evening, meet me there and bring 100 cedis."

Perfect. Evening time is perfect. Malachi thought.
"Alright boss," he answered.

"And come alone."

With that, Peter cut the line and Malachi let out the sigh he'd been keeping in. Jamal smiled at him and fist bumped him on the shoulder.

"I thought he'd catch us," Jamal said.

"Me too bro."

"What do we do now?" he asked Malachi.

"I guess we just have to wait till tomorrow evening. I'll meet you with Benson's camera. It's somewhere in my room."

Jamal threw his fist in the air and wrapped one arm around Malachi's shoulder. "I feel like we're finally going to get this right for once for all Kai."

Malachi gave him a solemn smile and whispered, "I hope so."

As Malachi walked to Simi's hostel after leaving Jamal's, he thought of his mother

As Malachi walked to Simi's hostel after leaving Jamal's, he thought of his mother. They hadn't spoken in almost two weeks but she'd sent money to his bank account the day prior.
He wanted to call her and ask her how she was doing but something held him back.

Out of Focus |finished|On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara