Getting Somewhere...

Jackie was leaning against his black Nissan holding one brown bag while two others sat on the hood of the car. He didn't look particularly pleased ad his eyes traveled over Dean. Dean was bigger than Jackie by at least three inches.

Jackie was a five foot nine (making him four inches taller than me) blonde with light green eyes and a bad attitude. Not as bad as Dean's though. Jackie would never be violent towards a girl. He just didn't have it in him. I had never seen that side of him in the four months that him and I had been dating.

“So is this it infamous Dean?” Jackie asked, sounding humorous but looking the exact opposite.

“Yeah, this is him.” I nodded and looked over at Dean. His face was angry like usual. “Dean, Jackie. Jackie, Dean.”

“Sup.” Jackie said to Dean. Not meaning it as a question, but as a greeting.

Dean didn't answer. He just stared at Jackie. It was getting more and more uncomfortable by the second. So I stepped in between the two and planted a small kiss on Jackie's lips. He kissed me back softly but his eyes never left Dean's.

I pulled away and looked him in the eyes, “Here's the money. Thank you so much babe.”

“Not a problem. You know I would do anything for you.” Jackie smiled at me and kissed me again.

“When your not screwing Labradors.” Dean mumbled under his breath.

“What did that bitch just say?!” Jackie snapped.

I shot Dean a disapproving look and then looked back at Jackie, putting a hand on each of his shoulders. “Nothing baby. He's just temperamental and has a bad attitude. Don't listen to him.”

“At least I don't fuck my dog.” Dean laughs humorlessly. It's like he was trying to start a fight.

“Shut your fucking mouth!” Jackie shouts and steps around me. As he gets closer to Dean the smaller he looks. Dean is built better and is a hell of a lot taller. Dean looked like a midget.

“Or what 'you gonna nip at my ankles, ankle bitter?” Dean snapped back.

So Dean was calling him little. Ankle bitter, like Chihuahua. Okay, Jackie may not have been very tall or built like a house but he wasn't a scrawny little twerp either.

The tension in the air was unbelievable. It was like they were both mentally throwing punches. No one was saying anything but if looks could kill. Damn. Just damn.

“Fuck head.” Jackie pushed Dean backwards and before Dean could swing I was in between them. Making sure no one was going to throw any punches.

Much to my surprise Dean stopped and looked down at me. Noticing that I was trying to break up the fight that hadn't yet started. He stared at me for a few brief seconds, looking surprised himself.

Dean probably wasn't used to someone having the balls to get in between him and a fight. I was questioning myself honestly. I had no idea what I was doing. I couldn't stop a fight if the two of them decided to really go at it. Dean would just shove me out of the way. Then Jackie would flip shit.

Why wasn't Dean throwing a punch though?

It did seem rather odd that neither of them were doing anything. Jackie wouldn't touch me but Dean wouldn't have had a problem with getting me out of the way, or even hitting me too.

I took in a deep breath and looked at both Jackie and Dean again. They were glaring at each other. Neither of them moving. Hell, I don't even think they were breathing.

“I'm out.” Jackie said, turned, got in his car, and drove away. Rather fast too.

I glared at Dean and slapped him in the chest, then picked up two of the bottles and began to walk in the direction of the park. If there was ever a fantastic place to get drunk, it was the park. The park was full of trees and the cops never went near there. The cops around here never really cared about teenagers getting drunk. They didn't really give a fuck about anything around here. Well, except speeding tickets.