Monster House

A/N Sorry that it's been taking so long!!! I was suffering from writers block. Enjoy my loves!!!

The blood rushes away from my face immediately. I know I have to have gone completely ghost because I'm light headed and automatically feel like fainting. “You're my- my- my what?”

“I'm you're father. Here's my court mandated and lab tested DNA results.” He responds and pulls an envelope out of his khaki pants pocket.

I snatch the big manilla envelope from his hand and practically rip the top open. Inside there is a thick stack of papers. My hands are shaking furiously. I'm not sure why I'm so nervous, but I am. Everything in my body is screaming “Please don't be my father,” because if this is my father, I don't know what's going to happen.

The first five papers talked about the way they conducted the DNA diagnostic testing. They already had mine on file from all the times I have been in the hospital and when I got put into the states system after I was rescued from my mother. All he had to do was submit a sample and they had to compare his DNA to mine. Then I finally get to the result papers themselves.

Dean presses firmly against my back as he reads the paper over my shoulder. At first I can't find the place on the paper where it gives the results. All it is, is a bunch of numbers and percentages. Dean puts a hand on my shoulder and then uses his other to reach around me and point at the paper. There it is, in bold typing 'MATCH.'

My heart sinks in my chest. He really is my father. For the love of god, why the fuck is he here now? I've been alive for seventeen fucking years! Why now?

So I look at the rest of the papers that are behind the result papers. They're all court documents talking about hearings and arraignments with the state. About a custody hearing with the head of the state fostering system. Then finally the last paper in the stack tells me everything I need to know. They awarded him custody of me. No asking me about it, or Carol for that matter. By law he was now my legal guardian.

“So as you can see, I'm your dad and I'm here to see your foster mom and serve her with these papers. Then you can come and live with me.” He smiles.

“Okay listen here asshole there isn't a chance in hell that I'm going to let you-” Dean starts to shout but I cut him off.

“Babe, that's enough. I got this. Okay look, I don't give a rats ass what this piece of paper says. I don't know how you found out I even exist, and I really don't give a flying fuck. I've been alive for seventeen years. Sixteen of those years I lived with the most monstrous woman that has ever existed. She let men rape and abuse me. Then she would abuse me some more, and where were you? By the looks of it you were off somewhere with your nice car, probably in a nice house, living a good life. While I, your spawn, was tortured. So excuse me when I tell you that I don't give a shit what that paper says. You were only a sperm donor, and you my good sir, can go fuck yourself. I'm not going anywhere with you.”

Dean wraps an arm around my waist and holds me tightly. He doesn't want me to go anywhere either, and I wont if I can help it. I will not leave him or Carol. They're my everything.

“The police will see it differently.” My sperm donor says flatly. I look down at the papers in my hand and read his name. Jacob Daniel Emory.

“Look Jacob, go ahead. Come back with a cop. I dare you, because quite frankly I know my laws and my rights. I'm seventeen, not ten. If I refuse to come with you they cannot make me. Carol will stay my legal guardian. So bring them with you. Until then, I'll be right here.” I say and then push Dean back into the house so I can slam the door in the dudes face.

The nerve of some people! Did he really just think I was going to pack my bags and go with him? Fuck no! For all I know that guy could beat and rape me too. People are fucking stupid, I swear.