Chapter 13: Practical

A/N: @roteraw drew some really good art of parts from first chapter, you should go check it out if you haven't already, thanks again!

Wow I actually updated after uhhhhhhh way too long OuO;; Enjoy!
________________________________________________________________________________

Your "vacation" so to speak was now over, and it was time to get back to reality. 
As you walked through familiar halls on your way to class, you could see people actively staring and whispering, but that wasn't anything new to be fair. Though it was definitely still weird being the center of attention of random strangers.

You managed to make it to class early for once, trying to avoid make an entrance. Unfortunately you didn't manage to beat Iida there. Seriously does that guy ever leave the school?

"(L/N)-kun! You've returned! Welcome back!"

"Yup. I've been told I'm better so here I am."

"Good! You've missed a fair amounts of notes as well as a fairly large test!"

"I'm pretty sure I have an exemption, and I got the notes from Kirishima so I'm not that behind. Though I may have to ask to see your notes too, his are... a bit... well just let me see your notes later please."

"Of course!"

"Thanks."

You took your seat. It felt like forever ago that you last sat there. Maybe just having a normal school day would be good. Nothing crazy, nothing frustrating, no confli-

"Oi! (L/N)!"

It was too early for this. 

"Hi Bakugou."

"..."

"May I... help you?"

"Welcome back. Don't let yourself get beaten again, Its not good for my reputation if the guy that beat me gets hospitalized."

"...Thanks?"

Everyone trickled in before class started, it was surprisingly tame, nobody calling you out for what you did.

The scariest thing you saw today was a slope field.

Training was oddly tame, All Might didn't push anyone that hard oddly enough. Wonder why.

You even had time to hang out with people at lunch and after school. It felt so... normal. Normal was good. You started to wonder when normal became good. It felt like so long ago you were in a cage with nothing but your name, a number, and the cold hard floor.

Now your normal was laughing at Kaminari short circuiting, laughing with people about mundane things you'd forget the next day, staring at a certain redhead for a little more than anyone else.

Days started to pass and you fell into a cycle of school, homework, free time, eating, and sleeping. Your classmates envied you for not having to train. It seemed having monstrous powers come in handy once in a while. 

But even still. A dark blur in the corner of your eye, and a whisper in the wind. You knew U.A. was keeping a close eye on you but you couldn't help but worry that someone was out there. You knew the doctor was still out there, plotting away like the twisted monster he was. It's almost comical how you're the one who can grow horns and fight like a literal demon but the real monster in your life was a lanky, rejected voice actor in a lab coat. 

Fortunately, the summer field was coming up after your practical today, and both took up most of your waking thoughts. You knew you had the written portion down enough to pass, you'd practiced enough with Iida to be good enough. The practical wouldn't be a problem either. There probably isn't anyone the school has employed who could actually beat you. Hopefully. 

You changed into your makeshift hero costume in preparation. Fortunately, the support students were really helpful. Almost a bit too eager regarding one of them though. You had to insist on a simple costume, gadgets probably wouldn't be helpful. Or last long enough for them to be useful. 

It appeared as though it was you and Sero paired up to face up against... wait where are they?

Neither you or Sero could see your opponent right away. 

"Sero, do you see- oh."

He was passed out already. It was Midnight.

"Well shit." 

A whip crack in the distance got your attention. 

"my my, what do we have here?"

The R-Rated hero walked over with a bit too much movement to be described to a PG audience.

You held your breath and activated your quirk. You quickly shifted into an offensive stance and growled. 

"Is that supposed to scar- HEY WAIT!"

You quickly used your quirk to shoot yourself and Sero straight to the exit. 

"I got information on your quirk from Midoriya! I'm not getting anywhere near you, sorry!" You hollered as you virtually flew towards the exit, passing both you and Sero in a instant. 

That summer trip was all yours now! 

Sadly it looked like 4 people from 1A failed the test. And Monoma too, but for some reason you didn't really care when he made it seem like he was better than you because he failed. He seemed... nice? You were sure that underneath all the malicious comments there was a good person. After all, why would he be in the hero course? Besides, you'd love to see him try and copy your quirk, he'd probably break something like Midoriya. 

After all the events, you were finally ready to go on a relaxing trip. You'd never seen much of Japan so it seemed like a nice way to wind down. It would suck if they made you train on your break. It really would.