Chapter 6: Confrontations

"Settle down everyone I have an announcement." Aizawa told the class.

"I believe you're all aware that Mineta has been expelled, so a new student has been selected to fill the space.

(L/N), you can come in now."

You open the door and shuffle to the front.

You try to smile and introduce yourself.

"Umm.. hello, I'm (L/N) (Y/N), nice to meet you all."

You realize that this is the class you fought back in USJ.

"Let's hope they don't recognize me... only one or 2 people saw me without my mask anyways..." you thought.

"It's nice to meet you (L/N)!"

"What's your quirk?"

"Where are you from?"

"How high did you score on the entrance exam?"

Many voices bombard you with greetings and questions.

"Ah, umm, uh" you stuttered.

"Settle down class. Socialize on your own time." Aizawa interrupted.

"(L/N), take the empty seat at the back."

"Yes sir."

You walk between the desks to get to your seat, while getting an odd look from Kirishima.

You sat down behind Tokoyami and settled in while being introduced to the ones beside you

"H-hi (L/N), I'm Midoryia Izuku! It's nice to meet you. He smiled

"Nice to meet you." You replied.

"I'm Yaoyorozu Momo, it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance."

"Likewise." you smiled.

You pulled out your books and settled in for what would be the first of many classes in your school career.

~~Time Skip To The End Of Class~~

"Alright class. As you're all aware the sports festival is tomorrow. Make sure you're prepared. Class dismissed."

Everyone began packing up and exiting the classroom, but you caught Izuku before he could leave."

"Midoriya, sorry to bother you but what's the sports festival?"

"Ehh?! You don't know? It's the most popular event in Japan!"

You scratched the back of your neck while trying to think of an excuse.

"I'm... new."

"But still, people around the world know about it, ever since the emergence of quirks-"

Midoryia started incoherently mumbling statistics to you.

"Umm... so could you explain it?"

"Ah! Sorry, I tend to get lost in thought. The students of U.A. compete in a bunch of events to show off and demonstrate skills to pros watching. So in the hero course we show off our problem solving and combat, the support course shows off their tech, the business course... well they kinda just watch."

"Interesting. That sounds pretty fun!"

"I hope so! Anyways, it's  time for lunch. Do you know where the lunch room is? I can show you if you'd like."

Before you could respond, Kirishima came over to approach you.

"Sorry Midoryia, can I borrow (L/N)? It's important."