Chapter 2

These houses varied in a different range of styles from contemporary houses to craftsmen houses to shot-gun style houses and finally interesting Victorian styles.

 Lainey used to live in a great big contemporary mansion where good memories were made. It was rumored to have dated back to the Civil War as a plantation where Harriet Tubman had gone back as a conductor on the Underground Railroad to free all the slaves. Of course, this was only a rumor. No historians had actually looked at the house for a deeper understanding of its history. Everyone did agree that it was a historic mansion owned by some rich affluents. Ever since the late '50s, the house had been passed down from child to child. This was unless the children wanted to leave and pursue their own careers and buy their own house. 

 Priscilla and James Paris left the house to chase after their own passions. Ever since her parents had left her in Salt, Arizona, she had rummaged about on her own like an emancipated minor. As she reached the stop lights, she gritted her teeth and closed her eyes at the horrible memory of her usually sweet as pie parents leaving her in the city. She wondered why?

 Another Haz song hit the radio. That last one lasted five minutes and that was one she adored. This particular song 'Swanson' was a very angry song towards her favorite author, Emma Swanson. Lantis was mad about how this author put him into her books without his permission. Hazzaza followed in the accusations with him. This song reminded Lainey of her fuming anger at the magicians. She sang along. "You snatched me! You made me your own!" She didn't find it wrong to sing angry songs towards bad people or bad actions people did unless they called for violence against the person. A police siren blared behind Lainey!