Chapter 1: Goodbye

Author's POV

It was Kang Rae Na's 4th birthday celebration at Kang's Villa. How cute would it be? She was dressed up by her maids. The flower head band and the pink princess gown make her just like a little princess. Kang Jae Hoon,Rae Na's grandpa just looking at her happily. "Grandpa,this dress is pink. I love it!!!" said Rae Na cutely. "Yes my princess. Aigoo..our Rae Na is already grown up to be a lady." Jae Hoon said while patting her head. But Rae Na shook her head. "No grandpa. I'm only four this year. I'm still a kid. Not a lady" Rae Na pouted while crossing her arms. She thought that the word 'lady' will make her feel very old. Jae Hoon laughed loudly,felt amused of what his granddaughter just said. "Okay,okay..my mistake..now play along with your friends now". Rae Na ran to her friends and played with them.

Where are they right now? Have they already arrived the airport? Rae Na's parents, Kang Jae Hee and Song Risa had a business trip to Manchester for 2months and today they will arrive before Rae Na's birthday party that will be held in the afternoon. Jae Hoon looked at his watch. The plane should be arrived right now, Jae Hoon whispered. Then,he flashed back the phone conversation he had two days before with his son,Kang Jae Hee and his beloved daughter in law,Song Risa.

"Daddy,how is Rae Na preparing her birthday party?Is she excited?"asked Jae Hee.

"Haha..tell me about it. She keeps bothering me about what she will do during her party.." said Jae Hoon. He actually felt happy to get a chat with his only child. "By the way,where is Risa? I want to talk with my beloved daughter in law.." Jae Hee gave the phone to his wife.

"Hello daddy..I miss you so much!! Gosh, can't tell you how much I miss my Rae Na.." said Risa happily. "Yes,I know. Get home soon Risa..I miss both of you.." said Jae Hoon. They chatted for a while and when Jae Hoon wanted to hang up the phone, his son said ," Don't worry,daddy..We will be home soon..forever..just take care of our Rae Na..take care of yourself too,daddy." and hung up the phone. Jae Hoon felt it weird to hear his son said words like that but ignored it after that.

"President,young master is on the phone.." said Choi Min Gook or butler Choi, the head butler and also Jae Hoon's secretary.

"Son,where are you?Did you safely arrived?" asked Jae Hoon. "Yes,daddy..we were just arrived at the airport. We will be home soon.."answered Jae Hee. Finally,they arrived in Korea. They miss their little princess so much. "Okay, you will meet the driver at the arrival. I have already sent him off to fetch both of you. Don't be late okay?" Jae Hoon said again.

"Daddy,may I talk to Rae Na now?Is she there?" asked Jae Hee out of sudden. His dad looked surprised because they will be meeting soon but he guessed there was nothing wrong with that. He called Rae Na to come over and she ran towards her grandpa and he passed the phone to her.

"Hello..daddy,daddy..is that you?When will you come home? I have got a lot of presents..where is my present?? I want a barbie doll with big round eyes.." Rae Na said non stop that makes her grandpa laughed. "Rae Na,take it slowly..Daddy won't catch what you said if you said like that.."said grandpa.

"We will be there soon,Rae Na..we have a special gift for you..be a good girl, my little Rae Na..hold on,mommy wants to talk.." Jae Hee gave the phone to Risa.

"Rae Na,my princess..mommy miss you so much..Mommy will always be there for you..forever..just take care of grandpa,okay??mommy loves you.." said Risa tearfully.. Rae Na looked bewildered at what her mother just said..She could not understand at all.

"Grandpa,mommy is crying..why??"asked Rae Na..Really??Jae Hoon took the phone but they already hung up. That's odd..I guess they must be missing Rae Na so much. I should not send them to oversea bussiness trip again next time,he whispered.

It was almost 3hours but the couple still did not reached the villa yet. Jae Hoon was began to worry sick about them. He make several calls in order to search their whereabout. He asked the bodyguard to search for them but he did it quietly so that Rae Na and the guests won't notice of what happened.

It was almost sunset and Rae Na became tired and she cried loudly as if she sensed something was not right. Jae Hoon tried to console her but failed. The guests already went home and it make Rae Na felt upset because the cake was already in front of her eyes but her parents were not around. While Jae Hoon was comforting her,a police car came to the villa. Two officers came out and Jae Hee was so surprise to see them. Oh,no! Please..not my children,he begged himself..

"President Kang, we are sorry to inform you that your son and daughter in law were in a car accident along with the driver..The driver is already dead but the rest were already taken to the hospital..They are in critical condition..You may see them at the hospital.." said the officer.

Jae Hoon was shocked to hear the devastated news and stepped back. Butler Choi managed to hold him and said,"President,are you okay??". Jae Hoon could not even uttered a word. Butler Choi understood the situation and said,"I'll prepare the car. We need to see them now..I'll bring Rae Na now."

Rae Na..my granddaughter..what grandpa should do???