"can't wait to see your master skills." he teases, pulling her in for a kiss before heading to the bathroom.

when the door closes, adele had felt like she was able to breathe again. she kept it together as long as she could not to worry her boyfriend. but truly, she was a mess.

as much as her conversations with the boys helped, she still felt unprepared. of course i'm not a master at this shit, she sighs. she'd only done the whole meeting-the-parents thing once, and that was with jaden.

she thought back to that day, where she thought she'd done great, bonding well with mr. and mrs.adams. only for the couple to talk about her behind her back the next day.

she felt nervous and afraid. and to make it worse, she felt pathetic for feeling that way..

adele and brandon had stood before the wooden door, hand in hand while the two of them smiled, only one being genuine.

brandon digs his house key from his back pocket, inserting it into the keyhole and twisting it to the side. adele stands by quietly, the hairs on her body rising from the cool evening.

opening the front door, adele gives brandon a look before stepping inside after him. "mom!"

right at that moment, an older woman had appeared from one of the rooms visible from the front door, her green eyes taking in the company and widening, "oh, you're here already!"

adele watches as his mother gives the boy a tight hug, almost forgetting about her nerves as her heart warmed at the scene in front of him.

pulling away from her son, the woman offers adele a generous smile. "it's so nice to finally meet you, adele. i'm gina."

before adele could respond, gina brought her in for a bone-crushing hug, embracing her son's girlfriend tightly. "come in! dinner's about ready."

brandon turns to grab adele's purse, placing it beside the door and leading her inside. in attempt to calm her nerves, the girl's eyes wander around the house her boyfriend had grown up in. she was able to catch a glance of a few family photos, along with little pictures on the refrigerator.

an older man emerges from the stairs, smiling warmly at the two. "brandon."

he turns towards his father, wrapping his arms around him for a few seconds. "dad, this is adele, my girlfriend."

he extends a hand out politely, "adele, nice to meet you. i'm chris."

adele smiles back at him, shaking his hand. "hi, nice to meet you as well."

before brandon and adele could sit once more, footsteps were heard coming down the stairs. and at last, halie arreaga had shown her presence in the dining room.

the woman smiles brightly at the sight of her brother, giving him a slight hug before pulling away and settling her eyes on adele. "oh, hey."

"hi." adele nods at her. she attempted to smile, but all she could think about were the things the boys had fed her the other day.

brandon sensed the awkwardness between them, deciding to ignore it for the time being and sitting back down. adele follows his lead, and he laces their fingers beneath the table.

"i made lasagna." chris smiles proudly, placing the tray down on the table.

adele smiles at the man, "aw, do you cook often?"

"he does." gina answers for him, "at first, he dreaded it. but one netflix cooking show later and all of a sudden, he was some professional chef."

adele lets out a laugh, and brandon smirks at her. "adele is amazing at cooking. she makes the best spaghetti."