Doughnuts and Saving Iron Man

~hours later~

Stark took what I said way too far. He just peed in the suit. Oh, I'm not gonna hear the end to this. I spin around to see Rhodey in another Iron Man suit. I drop my head down and groan. Rhodey yells something, and everyone starts rushing out. I walk to the hall way and watch them start fighting in the suits.

"Natalie!" Pepper yells.

I run up to her, "Miss Potts."

"Don't you "Miss Potts" me! I'm on to you." She says. We look around trying to find Stark and Rhodey. "You know what? Ever since you came here..."

Rhodey and Stark fell through the ceiling. Pepper screamed, and I jumped into a fighting stance. Happy ran in and grabbed Pepper. I started off down the hall again leaving out the back to call Fury.

The next day I met Fury at a doughnut shop because that is where Stark was. He told Stark, "Sir! I'm gonna have to ask you to exit the doughnut."

I smirked and check the perimeter. I then walked in to tell Fury that everything was secured. "We've secured the perimeter, but I don't think we should hold it for too much longer."

Stark looks up at me in shock, "You're fired."

I smirked, "That's not up to you." I then sat in the booth with Fury.

"Tony, I want you to meet Agent Romanoff." Fury introduced us.

"Hi." He said.

"I'm a SHIELD shadow. Once we knew you were ill, I was tasked to you by Director Fury." I told him.

"I suggest you apologize." He told me.

I got out of the booth and walked away to grab the lithium dioxide. When I came back I caught Fury mentioning that he had something going on in the southwest.

"Hit him." Fury told me.

I stuck Stark with the needle, "Oh, God, are you gonna steal my kidney and sell it?" he said. "Could you please not do anything awful for five seconds? What did she just do to me?" He asked Fury.

"What did we just do for you? That's lithium dioxide. It's gonna take the edge off. We're trying to get you back to work." Fury told him.

"Well, give me a couple boxes of that. I'll be right as rain."

"It's not a cure, it just abates the symptoms." I told Stark.

Later that day I was with Coulson, and two other agents. We met up at Stark's house and dropped of a box of his father's things.

As we walked in, I here Fury say, "I got a two o'clock."

"Wait, wait, wait. What's this?" Stark asked.

"Okay, you're good, right?"

"No, I'm not good." Stark said.

"You got this? Right? Right?" Fury asked.

"Got what? I don't even know what I'm supposed to get." Stark says agitated.

"Natasha will remain a floater at Stark with her cover intact. You remember Agent Coulson, right?" Fury tells him.

"Yeah."

"And Tony, remember, I got my eye on you. We've disabled all communications. No contact with the outside world. Good luck." Fury says, and he and I walk out.

The next day just after lunch I walk up to Pepper's office. I opened the door and saw Stark there. "Miss Potts?"

"Hi, come on in." She told me. I brought papers over to her that needed her signature.