Award Night (Calum Hood Smut)

Start from the beginning

"You really meant that? About the award?" He whispers in my ear. I stop and step in front of him, placing a hand on his cheek as I tilt my head to the side.
"They did you dirty this year. But boy, they have 4 giants coming their way. This time, next year, your Grammy will be hanging out next to my Grammy, keeping each other company." I comment, watching his lips curl into a smile.
"Let's get in." He presses a kiss on my forehead and his hand goes back to the small of my waist. 

I try to enjoy the night, dancing to the live performances and cheering for the winners, but as the announcement of the winner of my category approaches, I become agitated, way too anxious about it. I didn't realize how badly I want this, until this point, where I am so close to making or breaking it. 
"Baby..." Calum whispers in my ear, placing a hand on my knee. I wasn't aware that I was apparently bouncing it until now; but his hand on my body is soothing in any setting, so for now, it seems to give me some sense of tranquillity.
"I am sorry." I quickly apologize. Calum's hand travels up until it meets mine on my lap, and that's when he tangles our hands together, bringing mine to his lips. 
"Win or lose, I adore you. With every fiber of my existence." He whispers; I close my eyes and take a breath, smiling. He is truly better than any award. 
"I love you." I simply reply. 

"...And the winner of the Best New Artist Category for 2019 is..." The presenter cheers, making my stomach tighten up. I squeeze Calum's hand, feeling my body tremble as I watch the presenter open the envelope. 
"(Y/N) (Y/L/N). Congratulations." She cheers. 
I freeze as everyone around me claps. Calum whispers a 'Holy shit' as he pulls me into a hug. 
"Did I win? Did I just win?" I ask him. 
"You did, princess." He pulls away, letting me walk to the stage. 
I still shake on my way there, putting a serious effort not to burst in tears. 
The lady in the sparkly dress hands me my award and mouths a Congrats before she steps aside so I can take up the podium. 

For a single second, I forget every practice I had for my acceptance speech, everything in my mind becoming one huge knot of mess.
"Thank you. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. It is an honor to stand here today, winner of a category with such great artists nominated. I have to thank a million people and I am afraid that if I start now I will never end. This is a recognition of all the hard work I put into this last year, but truly, this is not the result of a single person's work. I would like to thank my producer and my manager for believing and bearing with me. I would like to thank my parents, for all the trust they put into me, and for how they raised me to pursue my dream. I would like to thank my assistant, for her help and for literally being my lifesaver in many cases. I would like to thank every person who streams, buys, or supports my music in any way. And last but not least, I want to thank my partner in life, for being my biggest fan, for being there to brush all the doubts away, and for essentially becoming my muse. Thank you." I smile, eyes glued to the only person that matters in this room. 
I walk down the steps, being cheered and greeted by everyone I see on my way back to my seat. 
Calum waits for me with open arms, hugging me close to his chest.
"No one deserved this more than you did. Congratulations babygirl. I am sure this is the first of many." He whispers, pulling me in for a kiss. 
"I think that I won due to my lucky charm." I giggle. 
"Which is?" 
"You. So you'd better be here for my every nomination." I point my finger to him. 
"If you promise to thank me on every acceptance speech you give." 
"Deal." 

After the award show, we had to quickly change into less formal attire, so we headed to get back to the hotel, just for a while. 
"You know, I've never fucked a Grammy winner." Calum states as he lets me out of my gown.  
"Yeah? Well, if you behave, this might change tonight." I reply, trying to play it cocky. But of course, after almost 2 years, he knows my buttons. So, his lips move along the curve of my neck, slowly, to the point where with every peck I feel my skin break in goosebumps. 
"Yeah, baby? Well, I must be on my best behavior then, mustn't I?" He asks, his breath fanning on my skin. I gulp thickly, closing my eyes to try and concentrate. 
"You are playing dirty. I like it." 
"You always like it dirty." He comments, brushing his thumb over my lips. 
"We should get going. The party's red carpet will start at any minute." I state and he chuckles. 
"Right... We have to be there, don't we, pretty girl?" He whispers, walking away from me to let me dress up.