Part 10

Hey everyone ^_^ Happy New Year and I hope you are all doing well. I am so sorry for going MIA all of a sudden. I actually had an accident due to which I was at hospital for a little less than a month and then once I was back home I still couldn't function properly as I was stuck on a wheelchair and plastered up. But I am finally back. I'm fine for the most part and back in action. Hope y'all will enjoy this new chapter. Its a long one! Um.. long-ish xD

----------

"Seriously why am I even going to check up on that brat?" 

Arnav questioned himself but he knew something about that situation was off. He just had to go there and check once for his satisfaction or else it would bother him for the rest of the night.

"I should have just stayed at the hotel."

The place was so crowded that Arnav lost Khushi and the guy who was following and this immediately alarmed him for some reason. Nothing has happened but he just knew that guy was trouble. Anyone who saw that guy could tell that he was drunk as hell and the situation might not be in Khushi's favor.

Khushi went to the terrace side which was slightly secluded compared to the rest of the place. She just saw Paras downstairs, heavily intoxicated, dancing with a random girl or maybe it could be his new girlfriend. She certainly felt bad but also felt her yearning for him rushing back as she saw him after months since that awful day. The more she tried to think of all the hurtful comments he had passed on her and her family, the more she remembered about the good times she had spent with him. 

"Why is it this hard to forget about the good memories?" 

She cursed her fate and herself for even thinking about him. She was doing perfectly fine without him. Why did they have to cross paths again?

"Eyyy Khushi!"

That! That voice. The voice she used to love once but now she loathes. 

She was praying that she won't meet him but when did her luck ever work in her favor. Here, she is! Face to face with him. A drunk him. "Ay! Khushi! What are you doing here? I am so surprised that you are over me so quickly. Partying here with boys huh? Did you find someone new? But, its been 5 months only." 

He made a fake sad face and stumbled his way towards her. She stepped back with each step that he took towards her. "Listen up Paras. I am not here to talk to you. Please get some help and don't create a scene here." She said sternly.

"Damn! Bold Khushi. The Khushi I knew was weak, meek and spineless. Yes! I am seeing a new avatar of you." Paras laughed at the thought of the old Khushi he knew. Khushi snickered at his remarks and tried to walk past him. She was trying her best to put up a brave face in front of him although she knew the second she reached her room she'd be a crying mess.

"Hey hey hey. Where do you think you are going? I am still talking to you missy! I really like this version of you." Paras said as he came close to her. "Don't you think you are crossing your limits?" Khushi said as she pushed him back slightly.  "Crossing my limits? Huh you must be joking Khush. Few months back you were literally crying and  begging me to stay with you. Did you forget about that?" He reminded her.

"No. I certainly didn't forget anything at all, Paras. I remember crying over a person like you who can never be someone's. I was this pathetic person who was in love with someone who didn't care about anyone else other than himself. You have hurt me enough. Don't you think that was enough that you are here again to spew bullshit. I'll suggest you something and that is to stop following me or interfering in my life. Or else, it won't end well for you. Now you can take it as an advice or as a threat." Khushi said with a poker face void of any emotions.

That startled Paras for a moment. He can't even recognize this Khushi he was talking to. Khushi and threat doesn't belong to one line but here she is low-key threatening him.

Khushi tried to leave again and Paras was about to hold her hand but just then Arnav held his hand stopping him from touching Khushi. 

"Easy man. I think you are hella drunk. Just chill" Arnav said in a pretty low tone. "Oh! So you are the guy right? Khushi, this is your new catch? I must say you are pretty damn fast." Paras said. Khushi really didn't want to involve Arnav in this drama so she tried to pull him away and just leave but Arnav was stubborn and he figured it out that he is her ex but played along with whatever Paras was thinking.

"Fast or not but she's with me. So, you better stay away." Arnav said to which Khushi scowled. He just insinuated that she's in a relationship with him.

 "Wow! This is where you learnt how to threat others from. Dude, do you know she isn't the Khushi you know. When she was with me she was this weakling. You know when I broke up with her she cried and begged me to stay with her. But who would stay with such a useless girl. Did she tell you about her little secret? I don't think she did, yet. Am I right Khushi?" The plopped his head to the side and asked her with an evil smirk.

Arnav had enough with him and he just pushed him and he fell on the floor. Arnav held Khushi's hand and left the place with her whilst Paras passed out on the floor.

"Arnav, let go of me." Khushi freed herself from his hold. "What's wrong with you?" Arnav questioned. "Me? What's wrong with you? Why did you tell him I am with you? And I was handling the situation right why did you butt in?" Khushi said in a pissed off tone.

"How ungrateful of you! I helped you and you are scolding me instead. Do you know for how long I have been searching for you?" Arnav practically screamed. Khushi looked puzzled at his outburst. "Why though?" Khushi asked in a confused manner.

"Maybe, because I saw that creep of a guy following you who looked clearly drunk. See, I don't know what history you had with that guy. I helped you out and you know it very well you couldn't have handled that situation. So, the least you can do is say thank you." Arnav said. 

Khushi felt guilty as she knew Arnav legit saved her from him. "Uh I'm sorry that I overreacted. Thank you so much for helping me out." Khushi said looking down in embarrassment. "At least look at me while saying sorry. That wasn't a sincere one." Arnav pulled her leg. "It was I swear. I don't know what I would have done if it weren't for you." Khushi hurriedly tried to defend herself but that's when she realized he was just kidding. "I hate you!" Khushi rolled her eyes. "Again, how ungrateful. Sigh, people are so selfish these days. Also, why'd you date such a loser. Didn't you find anyone better? I wonder how Shyam even tolerated him." Arnav said.

"Speaking of Bhai, please don't tell him or else he will freak out and do something without thinking about the consequences twice. Last time he did that it didn't end that well for either of us. You are his friend so I am pretty sure you know what his impulsive reactions end up like. So, please don't say anything to him." Khushi pleaded. "Well, what do I get in return?" Arnav asked. "This ain't a business deal, Arnav." Khushi sighed. 

"Hey guys! What are you doing here?" Shyam and NK asked them. 

"Should I tell them Khushi?" Arnav said with a playful smile which freaked her out. 

Will he tell Shyam?

--------------------------

If you liked this chapter, then hit the "Vote" button and leave a comment down below. Thank you everyone for your patience <3

For more updates follow me :')