Chapter Two ☆

CHAPTER REVISED: 11 April 2021

" shots - LMFAO "

" hangover -  taio cruz "

" man! i feel like a woman! - shania twain "

" obsessed - mariah carey "

" beautiful monster - ne-yo "

PRESENT DAY

04 APRIL 2008 (FRIDAY)

The night before, Colbie and Juice had been playing Call of Duty long after the sun had gone to sleep in California. Of course, when the pair was gaming, alcohol was also involved. Any time that either one of them had been killed in game, the rule was that they would have to take a shot.

When Colbie and Juice had gotten to the point of having one eye completely closed and the other squinted so much that it looked shut, just to see straight, Gemma had walked into the room and laughed.

"You two act like children when you play this damn game," Gemma spoke, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Momma, we are children," Colbie replied. "Your children."

"Sometimes, I feel like dropping you two off at the fire station," Gemma laughed.

"But, you love us," Juice commented.

"I'm not really sure why, but I do love you both," the older woman replied. "But, I came in here to tell you both that you need to get some sleep. The garage is behind with all the tows that came in today. Someone is going to have to do the work and you work better together."

"It's Juicy's turn to save the day," Colbie spoke up. "I rescued the garage the last time."

Grumbling, Juice knew that his best friend spoke the truth. "Fine," he scoffed. "I'll handle the garage, but that means it's bedtime."

"Good decision," Gemma grinned. "Work starts at 8."

"Oh, fuck me," Juice grumbled.

"You're not my type," Colbie mumbled.

Laughing at the pair's banter, Gemma left the room so that she could head home for the night.

"You staying in here tonight?" Juice asked.

"Absolutely not, sir," Colbie laughed. "I'm not letting your alarm wake me up so that you can guilt me into helping you in the garage. Nice try, though," Colbie laughed.

Standing up too quickly, Colbie couldn't help but laugh at herself as she stumbled a bit while trying to find her footing. "And, now the alcohol is kicking in, so I'm going to sleep until the hangover passes."