"Do you think that's him, Y/N?" Jin asks warily, looking down towards me, his tone somewhat soft and calming. "Do you think that this is Jungkook?"

Suddenly all three men in the room look at me, anticipating my answer.

I observe the camera recording for a couple of more seconds.

I can't be sure, but... this person's height, his posture and the way he walks resemble Jungkook greatly.

I wonder whether my mind doesn't let me be 100% sure because a part of it still hopes that he hasn't left me.

I inhale loudly, the silence in the room making the situation all the tenser.

"I can't be certain but," I utter finally, "this might really be him. Yes, I think it's him."

Painful stings going through my heart as I pronounce these last words.

Taehyung's hand squeezes mine lightly in a calming manner and just now I realize how oddly silent he's been during the whole conversation. Yoongi traces Taehyung's arm and scoffs quietly, looking away.

Jin seems oblivious to the small gesture and nods energetically as he observes my facial expression.

"Is he- is he alone?" I stutter. "Was there someone with him?"

"Ah, I had a feeling you would ask that." Jin smiles at me softly. This man had a strangely calming presence. "It seems to us that he's there alone. That's what's weird. If we assume this really is Jungkook, he's been prepared. We only spotted him in two of the other security cameras in the huge airport. We think that he's aware of them and avoids them intentionally."

My eyes widen as I hear Jin speak of Jungkook like he's an arrant criminal, avoiding security cameras and whatnot.

"So then we asked ourselves," Yoongi joins in the conversation, "What was he doing at the airport if he didn't board a plane? And there's no evidence of him leaving, we checked that too. Unless he's somehow discovered the secret to invisibility." The pale boy muttered sarcastically, rubbing his chin.

"Fake IDs." Taehyung utters, his voice low and husky, and I turn towards him, giving him a startled look.

Yoongi nods in agreement as Jin claps his hands a little bit too passionately, pointing his finger towards Taehyung.

"Exactly!" The tall man exclaims. "That's my theory too. Jungkook must've used fake IDs but even that's not enough. He must have pulled some strings at the airport so that he could board without problems. Perhaps there was someone he knows that works there."

My head starts slightly spinning from everything I'm hearing. Fake IDs? Pulling strings?

Gosh, this doesn't sound like the Jungkook I know at all.

"What now?" Taehyung asks and the two other men shrug their shoulders in sync.

"Nothing." Yoongi utters darkly. "If he used fake IDs, we can't trace him. And someone leaving the country isn't enough to start an investigation." He looks up towards Jin who has a kind of disappointed expression on his face. "Moreover, the police has bigger cases to investigate than that, you know, murders, drug deals, and so on. There's really nothing we can do on our own."

Complete silence reigns in the room as I feel myself sinking deeper and deeper in desperation.

The sound of a phone vibrating finally breaks the deadly silence.

"I have to go." Jin announces dryly, putting his phone back in his pocket. "My boss is calling me. Talk to you guys later, okay?" He waved his hand cheerfully, picking up his pace towards the door, disappearing behind the wooden mass.

"We should probably go too." Taehyung stands up suddenly, glancing at me with concern. My gaze pinned to the wall as if I'm in a trance.

Yoongi nods slowly as Taehyung helps me get up, his hand gently wrapping around my upper arm.

"Taehyung, can we talk for a minute?" Yoongi asks before I rest my hand on the doorknob. His gaze jumps from me to Taehyung and then to me again. I shrug my shoulders awkwardly.

"I'll wait in the car."

Taehyung nods and gives me a weak smile as I exit the room. Taking a few steps across the hall I realize I don't have the car keys and decide to go back and ask Taehyung to give them to me so that I don't wait outside in the cold.

Reaching my hand to push the door and enter, my whole body freezes as I hear Yoongi's bleak and somber voice through the wood.

"You're playing with fire, Taehyung, I hope you're aware of that."

"Hyung, I don't remember asking for your opinion." Taehyung's voice cuts in quickly, his tone flat.

"You're like a brother to me, you know that, Tae? I see right through you. You messing with that girl is not a good idea. She's... okay, was, Jungkook's girlfriend."

"She's devastated. I hate seeing her suffer like this. All I want is to be there for her." Taehyung's voice softens a little bit and I shiver.

"I get it, but what if Jungkook returns as suddenly as he disappeared? Who do you think she'll choose then?" Yoongi raises his voice, sincere concern showing through his tone. "I fear that in the end, you'll be the one who's hurting."

After a short pause, Taehyung speaks up and I gasp.

"Hyung, I genuinely care for that girl. And I'm not staying away from her. No matter what happens." He emphasizes the last sentence.

I hear Yoongi sigh loudly.

"Something already happened, didn't it?"

Taehyung cleared his throat awkwardly.

"Just don't say I didn't warn you in the end." The older boy bids.

Gasping, I cover my mouth in shock of what I had just heard.

Heavy steps start approaching the door and I begin running towards Taehyung's car with my heart throbbing vigorously against my chest.

Author's note:

So how about calling the police now? xD

And also: Oh god guys thank yoooou so much for all the feedback on this story!! You're all making me so happy and I appreciate it greatly!!  I'm having so much fun with all the comments you've been leaving. I've been inspired and motivated to write all thanks to you. Love you all! ❤❤❤