Yoongi scoffed, being his usual grumpy self just as I remembered him.

My insides were boiling with anxiety and impatience watching these two bicker. Would you just get to the point?!

Taehyung cleared his throat and pointed with his chin towards the computer on Yoongi's desk.

"Hyung, I thought you had something important to tell us." He reminded, his expression serious as ever.

Yoongi repositioned himself in his seat, his large hoodie enveloping his whole body, he was dressed in all black once again like the first time I had seen him.

"Maybe you should sit down." He mumbled, gesturing towards the two chairs next to him, his gaze lingering on me a little longer. I couldn't help but notice that his advice was meant more for me than for Taehyung.

I didn't wait for a second invitation to plop my body exhaustedly on one of them. All this secrecy and mystery in Yoongi's vibe was starting to wear me down mentally.

Jin remained standing up, leaning his large back against the wall, his expression unreadable.

"Jungkook's car was found at an airport parking lot today at 4 am." Yoongi's tone was neutral and indifferent, almost as if he was reciting a dictionary. He paused for a second, obviously carefully selecting his words. "The parking lot guard signaled the police after he noticed that two homeless men had broken the car's door, in search for some food or money, making the car alarm go off."

I swallowed nervously, beginning to feel the drops of cold sweat on my forehead.

"Was... was there anything in the car?" I ask, my voice coming out raspy, as several horrifying scenarios begin racing through my mind.

Yoongi shakes his head silently and I know he understands what I'm really asking.

"Jungkook's driving license and documents were in the glove compartment." Jin steps in and I hear his voice come from somewhere behind me but I don't turn around. "But that's not the point. We checked the security cameras around the parking lot and it turns out Jungkook's car has been abandoned there for several days. More than two weeks, even."

Yoongi types something on the keyboard and a recording from a security camera starts playing on the screen, in the middle of it a car that I immediately identify as Jungkook's black Volvo.

"That's not everything." Jin continues and my gut tells me what he's about to say isn't good news. I look up at him taking off his glasses, pointing towards the computer screen, looking like a real investigator.

"We started going through lists of passengers at the airport. You know, if he's driven all the way there maybe it was to catch a flight. It's the simplest explanation. But there was no evidence of a Jeon Jungkook leaving the country. So we checked the date when his car first appears on the parking lot and went through the cameras at the actual airport the same day." Jin cleared his throat, making a little pause. "And here it is."

At this point, my heart's pumping at Olympic speed. I follow the direction of Jin's gaze. My mind completely blank except for the suffocating anxiety that washes over me the minute I lay my eyes on the computer screen.

"We're fairly certain that's him." Yoongi's long pale finger points towards a male figure in the crowd. I squint my eyes, harnessing all the power of my vision to focus on it.

The silhouette is dressed in black from head to toes, the large backpack he's carrying on his back is black too. I try very hard to distinguish his features, but it's difficult since the mask he's wearing is covering his whole face except for the eyes and the cap on his head hides his hair.