Lia shrugged in disappointment. "We'll, he is a great addition to the department and the nurses are all in a tizzy that he is going to stay. They're all out to catch him, you know?" Lia opened the door and held it for Faye to pass through.

"I know, I've become more popular since word got out that he lives at my house, all the nurses keep wanting to hang out with me in hopes of cornering him at home." Faye greeted people as she and Lia moved to the nurse's station to start their shifts.

Lia snorted. "Silas would never go for the obvious ones."

"He's a man, whose to say what he would do," Faye denied.

They clocked in and started to take the reports from the nurses going off duty, it had been a busy night and it was most likely going to be a busy day as well. Faye caught sight of Silas an hour later as he and Dr. Evers approached the nurse's station. Their heads deep in discussion. This was the first time she had seen him since the night he had asked her to trust him, and she wasn't sure what she expected, but it wasn't the distracted smile and simple greeting stating that it was good to see her back.

Faye responded with a word of thanks then did her best not to watch as he was approached by one of the other nurses on duty and dragged off to review a patient's chart.

"How are you feeling Faye? Better?" Dr. Evers asked as he clicked his pen and started signing paperwork.

"Yes, thank you," she said, waiting to receive what he was signing.

He nodded absentmindedly before signing the last one and handing the stack over to her. "Did you hear the good news?" He asked, a smile of triumph lighting his face. "We got him, Lord only knows why, maybe you were right and it was a matter of the heart, but he doesn't mention Chloe. Although I have seen them together a lot lately." He smiled as he wandered off to whatever was next on his busy schedule.

Faye turned towards her computer as she fought back tears. That was not what she needed to hear, and as if she had heard her name Chloe appeared beside her.

"Sorry I'm late," she smiled. "I was up late last night, and I overslept." She yawned as she moved to a computer to clock in. "Anything going on?" she asked.

Faye caught her up on the patients, doing her best to keep it light and not take her pain out on Chloe. She had to remember that she was her friend and that she had known Silas before she had so there was a history there.

The morning flew by and Faye didn't have a patient that saw Silas so she didn't have any interaction with him, she knew she would eventually, but she didn't really want to until she had to.

She ate a solitary lunch in the cafeteria, and she noted Silas and Chloe arrive as she got up to leave. They were having a serious discussion and neither one noticed her, so she slipped away while she had the chance.

It was at the end of her shift and she had an hour left when they brought in a homeless man for treatment. He had broken some windows, so the police came to take a report, and one of them was Officer Palmer.

He winked at her before he entered the room of the patient and half an hour later, he joined her at one of the linen carts that she was standing next to as she gathered fresh bedding for one of the rooms. Normally the orderlies took care of it, but they were short staffed, and it kept her busy.

"I haven't seen you in over a week, I thought you were hiding from me," he teased, but there was a hint of accusation to it.

"I've been out with the Flu for the last week. This is my first day back," she explained as she pulled the items she wanted off the cart and turned around, walking right into a solid form. It was Silas, and his arm reached out to catch her as he excused himself. He smiled coolly at Officer Palmer then moved past them. He didn't go far though as he landed at the nurse's station.

"I thought we could go out this weekend as we agreed, I have some tickets to the new show at the Savannah Theater, would you be interested?" he smiled.

No, I wouldn't she thought silently as she returned his smile, but there had been an unspoken agreement and she felt that she had to honor it. "Sure, it sounds like fun," she agreed.

"Great! We'll grab some dinner first and drinks afterward?" he suggested.

Faye smiled and nodded, thinking she would have to sip at her wine and leave most of it or ask for a sweet tea, the fact that she didn't drink almost always turned her dates off, Savannah was a drinking town.

"I'll pick you up at about half-past six on Saturday?" he asked.

"Sure," she said. Realizing that she was already failing as a skilled conversationalist. An orderly passed by her, taking the bedding from her with a smile, which shocked her.

She wandered back to the nurse's station with a stunned expression. "Oh, come one Faye, you're not that shocked that you got asked out?" Chloe teased.

It meant that her conversation had been easily overheard by everyone standing near, including Silas who had his head bent as he wrote in his little notebook.

"Faye got asked out!" Lia squealed as she joined them.

"That's not what I'm shocked by," Faye interrupted Lia before she could get out of hand. "Did you see that orderly take the bedding from me, and she smiled!" Faye turned with round eyes to look at Chloe and Lia, her glance catching Silas's down bent head in the process, and she swore she saw his lip twitch.

"Of course she did Faye, the orderlies love you, you help them out all of the time. They were worried about you when you were sick too," Lia said offhandedly.

"They do?" Faye asked shocked. She had thought that the orderlies disliked everyone who wasn't an orderly.

"Now tell me about this date?" Lia asked.

Faye looked at the clock. "Nope, I'm off duty, we'll talk about it later. I don't want to get caught here longer than I need to be." She said goodbye and left them, glad that the long day was over.

She was proud of herself. She had managed to get through the shift without having too much interaction with Silas. In fact, they had both done their best to ignore each other.

The thought depressed her immensely.