Be there for you

More days and weeks go by. Which meant I started getting bigger and bigger. Carlos at one point started making fun of me for gaining so much weight and I couldn't take it anymore so I blurted out to him that I was pregnant. He wasn't as shocked as I was expecting him to be but he still had a lot of questions. After telling him, it was nice to have someone with me when I had appointments and things to go to. He would come with me and help me.

I've done a good job so far from hiding the news and the bump from the press. Last thing i needed was the whole world finding out I was pregnant. But now it was getting harder to hide since I was 4 months pregnant. The bump was there and it wasn't gonna pass on for being food anymore, you can tell there was a baby. However I still would try my best and no one had noticed so far.

But there was a slight problem..... Carlos and I were invited to a gala night this weekend. It's like the one I had gone to with Dylan back when I was staying with him. Select CEO's were invited to come together and mingle around. Every year, they hold the gala in a different city which is why only Carlos usually goes. But this year, it's being held in LA so we both have to go. Many people were gonna be there and I needed a dress.... Carlos helped me design a dress that was nice and also covered my baby bump.

It was doing a pretty good job, it was a royal blue colour and flowed down around the belly creating an allusion.

Saturday arrived and I started getting ready. I curl my hair and leave it down. I had a bad feeling about going to the gala and wasn't really feeling well but I had to go.
When both Carlos and I are finished getting ready, we get into the limousine that was here to pick us up. We arrive at the gala and we prepare ourselves for the swamp of paparazzi that was going to be in front of us. As we exit the limo, I literally couldn't see anything from all the blinding lights and crazy screaming and talking from the reporters. It never gets old.

We finally make our way through the door with the help of the security. There were soo many people inside. All business men and women.

Someone at the door takes our coats and leads us to our table. The night starts with talking and announcements and awards and talking blah blah blah.
I was bored. Then dinner was served which was delicious! I've been eating for 2 so don't blame me for eating a lot.....
As the night goes on, Carlos and I talk with some new potential business partners. Mingling around wasn't as bad as I thought. It was all business talk as usual. I've been having to deny every single drink offered to me all day! I've only been having water. I miss alcohol:(

As we were talking to different people throughout the night, a familiar voice catches my attention.

"Carlos!" I hear the voice say

"Dylan! It's nice to see you again" Carlos says to the one and only Dylan Moore

Fuck
This ain't good

Of course he would be here.
Even though Carlos knows I'm pregnant, he doesn't know who the father is, which is good since he's close with Dylan. They became close business partner friends after closing the deal between our companies.

After shaking Carlos' hand, Dylan turns to me
"Mia, it's nice to see you again"

"Dylan, hope all has been well" I say politely
The three of us start talking about business and stuff but I try to keep a little distance away. I was getting really nervous around him. I was probably even sweating...

"Why don't we grab a drink?" Carlos suggests and we walk over to the bar

"What can I get you?" The barman asks

The men both order a beer then he asks me what I would like
"Oh um I'll just have a sprite please"

"Mia Clark having a sprite? What about the alcohol?" Dylan asks with a surprised expression on his face

"I don't feel like having alcohol" I say broadly

We take our drinks and have a seat on a table. After talking for a little while, we hear a well known business man go up on stage to make a toast.
Waiters start passing around Champaign glasses to everyone for the toast and I notice everyone takes a glass so when the waiter comes to our table, I take a glass. But after making the toast, I don't drink it and I put it back on the table.

"Do you want it?" I ask Carlos quietly

"Sure" he reply's and takes my glass
This whole time, Dylan who's sitting in front of us on our table has a look of suspicion on his face. Not gonna lie, I also would be confused and curious to know why MIA CLARK the girl who LOVES to drink, isn't drinking.
Ya it's pretty weird for me and Dylan knows me better then anyone when it comes to drinking.
I'm getting the weirdest stare down by him at the moment that I start to feel sweat running down my forehead.

"Will you excuse me" I say getting up and leave the table
I leave the hall and go Into the hallway to enter the bathroom but I stop when I hear Dylan calling my name

"Mia wait" he says from behind me so I stop and turn to face him

"Mia what's wrong?" He asks with concern in his eyes

"Nothings wrong" I say trying to act as casual as possible but it doesn't fool him

"Mia I know something's wrong. You can tell me. Are you sick?" He asks

"No Dylan I'm not sick. I'm fine nothing wrong" I tell him, I turn and walk away but what he says makes me stop

"I want to be there for you Mia. Tell me what's wrong" my eyes began to water and a tear escapes my eye. I turn to face him again

In almost a complete whisper, I tell him

"Dylan, I'm pregnant"