The God Corrupted

I woke up to a loud boom. It was very loud and shook the building around me. I was annoyed to say the least. It was happening again! Damn it! Never mind that. I had to get out of here. The nuns rushed in, but I payed to mind to them as I rushed past them, up the stone steps, and out into the open air. The church of Poseidon was being burnt to the ground. How ironic. It was none of my concern, but I still went to investigate. Knowledge is power, after all.

     I ran towards the scene of the arson, and found that it was being burnt by a large angry mob. The church had become dark, eyes growing out of various places. I seemed to recall that this was what being "monsterised" was like. Oh, goodness... Poseidon has been monsterised. Pfffthahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!! For a merchant capital that thrives off of its port and trade, this was going to be disastrous! Hahahaha!!!

     I rushed to the port. I wanted to see what the current damage was. The port was surrounded by the army. Just like the police from my world, they didn't want anyone going near the water. So... I snuck past them. It wasn't too hard. With a few well placed distractions and usage of Chaos, I finally reached the water. I walked along the port and looked into the deep, murky depths. I saw shapes swimming about. Things that looked like sea monsters of varying sizes. I rushed back past the army, and tried to get out of town.

     The reason I tried to leave town was that I knew what was coming next. What with that many sea monsters, they were bound to be planning an attack on Lescatie, and I didn't want to be here when that happened. Indeed, I was right. I heard the sounds of screaming behind me. I kept on running. I saw members of the army rushing past me towards the battle. I wasn't going to be of any use as someone fighting not he ground, but I knew that Chaos would help we with this. But first, I needed a disguise.

     I was helping Lescatie, not out of a sense of righteousness, nor out of "instinct". No, nothing like that. It was just that I knew that monsters killed anything and everything on sight, whereas when humans did so, they did it a lot slower and via indirect methods. In that regard, I wanted neither the Demon Lord to win, nor the "Light" to win. That was the long term, though. In the here and now, the best thing I could think of to do was to fight of the monsters.

     I hurried tot he place I hid my top hat, waist coat, and evening tailcoat. I quickly wrapped my scarf around my face, placing the top hat on top of my head to hold the improvise mask in place. It was thin enough for me to see through it, but it was impossible for people to see my face. I put on the waistcoat, then the evening tailcoat. I was ready.

     I grabbed two stones, a rotten tomato, a piece of flint, and a knife, then climbed a building that was quite close to the fighting. In fact, I could see the fighting on the streets below me. I ran on the rooftops of the buildings towards the docks. I spotted the boat I was was looking for. I descended from the building, rather clumsily, might I add, but I had not gained anyone's attention so far. I rushed to my target boat, climbing into it. It wasn't so much a boat as a ship. It climbed under the deck and into the storage area. There was what I was looking for. Barrels upon barrels of oil.

     I punctured all of the barrels, starting at the back and moving my way around the ship. I also opened up all the windows beforehand, as well as all the doors and trapdoors. I then made several large holes in the side of the ship, through which water came in, but oil also got out. I climbed out of the ship and got into a much smaller rowing boat. I started rowing away from the shore. I watched as the oil covered the entire port. I threw the rotten tomato at one of the sea creatures. It turned around, spotted me, then screeched, rushing towards me. At first, I though it would only be that one following, ruining my entire plan, but then I saw the entire horde following. They all jumped into the water. I made sure I was on top of the oil before I lit it using the knife and flint. I then rowed to the shore, the ship now on fire, but I was very much safe. I knew my setting the port on fire would give the army time to organise a defence.