"Were you riding him? I strongly believe that he had the dominance though. You know those moans and your breathless state just indicate that—" Every friendship has a bonding factor. Ours was being equally perverted.

"No, it's not at all like that, you pervy little mouse! He was just doing some husband things." I blushed a little while averting my gaze away from her face.

"Like?! Making kids!?" She cupped my face with a jerk all the while almost snapping my neck off.

"Hey, stupid lady, he was giving me a foot massage. That's it." I flicked her forehead which made her back off immediately. "I'll just go and take a shower real quick. I know it's my turn to make breakfast today but time isn't favouring me at all, you see?"

She just hummed in response with an eerie silence blowing around like the wind. "Y/N, you're dreaming about him... it hints that you're still not over him completely. It's been three whole months now since you and him parted ways. He's nothing more than your ex but still, you find it uncomfortable to be with other men." Her eyes saddened while mentioning reality. "Three months without him and you're still not over him. Do you think he won this once?"

There was a rule for living at Yumi's place: 'No one talks about bitches like Jin.' I wanted to remind her that but she was too correct to be corrected. "I-I'll just—die under the shower for a minute."

"Make it quick. It's 11:39 already!" She yelled at me rather strictly.

An hour later...

I walked out of the building, comparatively smaller than the others, with disappointment. Apparently, the interview was already over by the time I reached there.

The vehicles all paused under the command of the traffic light. I glanced at them before continuing to cross the road.

A faint smell of mother nature with a hint of modernization surrounded me when I decided to call Yumi. "Meet me at that cafe, magic shop, in 5."

"Hm? What? I ain't your bitch to do as you say." She straight off denied until she realised that I had an interview. "Wait for a second, how was the interview? Don't tell me you got rejected—"

"Yeah, that. I need to talk to you about that." I quickly said and even before she could roar at me, I quickly hanged up the call.

This all doesn't matter much to me now. My own beloved husband rejected me. These are just some stupid companies.

To interrupt my train of thoughts, a figure emerged from the shadows following me. My hands clung to my handbag and I started searching for pepper spray.

I turned around and pressed the nozzle with all the force I could apply but nothing happened. Just then the realisation hit me. Yumi stole it once and used the whole lot of it on a pole thinking it was a 'big hot slender ghost' as her drunk self remarked at the time.

Yeah, only someone like her can call a pole 'hot'.

"Woah, Woah?" His hands committed the sin of hiding an extremely handsome face. A mocking smile momentarily appeared just to fade away the second he said the next word. "Noona."

I threw the empty bottle at him, which missed him just a few 5 feet away and he caught the bottle with his left arm as if my sad attempt wasn't enough to embarrass me.

"Excuse you, Ms...noona?" It seemed as if he purposely tried to make me feel old and the worst part was, I kind of did. "Anyways, just come with me, noona." His pleasing voice shadowed his actions. Two passing seconds had to slap me back to reality where I realized he had grabbed my wrist and was onto dragging me. "Noona? Let's go."

"Ew, stop with this noona shit." I showed him how disgusted I felt through my facial expression. "Maybe you should start with greeting me, then introducing yourself, then jumping off to asking me if I would like to come with you and then wait for me to say NO on your face, which is very handsome, by the way, because you dragged me." I complimented him in tiny before shouting loudly again.

"But your denial doesn't matter when you don't even know how important you are to us." He reasoned while dramatically looking up at the sky and spreading his arms as if summoning the Gods. The bright sun appeared to have shifted a little just to provide the best lighting for him.

"I'm flattered, but it's still a no-no. Better leave me alone before I—!" I stopped to think of some action I could do to threaten him away.

"Noona, I'm afraid I would have to use other techniques to convince you if you didn't cooperate." His hands almost ran against my waist in attempts to lift me over his shoulder when my stupid brain actually helped me.

Sick move boy, you shouldn't have done that.

This is my life, nobody can tell me what to do with it, except my mom. And he ain't her so I got to show him this.

"Fuck you." My tallest finger stood in its all glory for him. It was a smirk on my face and a cute bunny smile on his before my leg sprang up.

That 'cute bunny smile' was no longer visible when I kicked his sign of manliness. He let out a high pitched scream before cupping his crotch between his hands.

"I dare you to call me noona again, little bitch." I was dancing while flipping off infront of a person lying down on the street, grabbing his important part. Smarter than Einstein, Y/N. As soon as I realized that, I walked away like normal people.

"Yah! Noona... please don't go—my balls hurt!" The tone of his voice moulded itself into the pain I put him through. I somehow thought of myself as a killer of his future kids but self-defence classes taught to not give two shits about turning someone's balls blue.

Few more minutes passed by and I was already standing in front of my favourite place. Magic shop. The small yet highly aesthetic café was named perfectly.

I chose to sit right infront of the big glass wall from where I could see the mildly busy roads and the sunny clear sky. The waiter brought me a glass of water along with the menu.

Just when I lifted the glass to quench my thirst, two little hands side hugged me. I was startled already but her words literally kicked me off the earth. "Eomma."

My lungs took upon themselves to react abruptly at how the little girl acknowledged me by pushing out some air resulting in sudden and attention-seeking choking

The bright and unique eyes confusedly stared at me. Soon, a boxy smile took over the perplexity. "Who the hell are you?" I asked.

"My name is Kim Taehee and I am five years old." She said holding up four fingers but before I could correct her, she hit me harder than a rock with her words. "You are my eomma. Did you forget me when you went to heaven? Go over there to dada, he will help you remember."

My eyes wandered the direction of her finger when I saw a man in an elegant black suit and a pure white mask covering most of his face. Only eyes were visible which started to well up when they met mine and all he said was, "Mi-minhee."

••••

A/N:- Hey readers!
Welcome to the *edited first chapter of this book. Hope you enjoyed reading it. Stay healthy and happy!

 Stay healthy and happy!