Chapter 4 - Stepping Out.

Monica remained the same homebody she was in her other life. Some things never changed, and she was completely okay with that part of her.

At work, she would make small talk with another nurse, Tonya, who invited her to go out for dinner and drinks.

Monica shrugged and thought, Why not, I should get out once in awhile.

The night of, she unravelled her braids for a fluffy, braid out. She dressed in a casual, yet edgy look.

Arriving at the bar, she met up with Tonya and 4 of her friends

I didn't agree to this all of this shit, Monica thought before scolding herself and continuing, I said that I would give people a chance.

• • •

Nope. Never giving anyone chances, Monica thought.

Tonya and her friends just weren't her cup of tea. They left her as soon as they walked into the bar together. When she did find them, they were sitting with a group of men - no spot for her.

She bought one drink before heading back outside.

While getting some much needed fresh air, she decided to head back home.

Chibs passed her on his way to the clubhouse, immediately doing a U-Turn to drive towards her position.

"Hey, luv." He said, in that thick accent of his, while smoothing his hair after taking his helmet off.

"Hey, Chibs." Monica smiled at him.

"You're leaving early. It's only 10pm. Tough night?" He asked, before lighting a cigarette, giving her a long lookover.

Monica scoffed, gaining a laugh from the Scot. "I'm never going out with coworkers again." She said, crossing her arms.

"A date?" He questioned, raising his eyebrow.

"Nooo." She shook her head, causing some of her curls to bounce.