You were focused on Brian mostly, he had been the most nervous but quite literally, he was doing all right. Once on stage, it seemed like he got the hang of it. Your eyes drifted towards Roger a few times but you forced yourself not to look.

You didn't want him to get the wrong idea.

You were very close to Roger and you had had really strange thoughts about him the past few weeks. He was, after all, the sex appeal of the band and the funniest of the lot. You could also almost imagine a world where you didn't work for the band and was one of his groupies instead. Just a random girl he hooked up with after a show and never called again. It was good that you weren't one of those. Roger was an amazing person to know and you wouldn't want to lose that, regardless of how nice you had felt being in his arms. When you had hugged him, it had been different than Brian, Deaky and Freddie. Way different. You couldn't explain why, or maybe you could and you didn't want to think that way.

When you had first met Roger, you were taken aback by his wit and charm. And now, dare you say, he kind of felt like your best friend.

A best friend you wanted to kiss, a part of your brain said and you pushed that away.

"Can I buy you a drink?" You heard and for a minute, you ignored it because you thought it was meant for someone else. Then someone tapped on your shoulder and you turned to see a really cute guy standing by you. You recognised him as one of the guys from your university. He had actually been in one of your psychology classes and you remember hitting it off with him.

"Um, hey. Alex, right? I'm really not in the mood for a drink, I had way too much already" You explained, apologising.

"I understand, then tell me you're in the mood for chips" He said.

"Wow, is that a trick question? Has everyone ever said no to chips?" You said and he laughed.

"You caught me" He raised his hands up in surrender and you followed him to the counter.

"So what brings you here?" You asked him as he ordered a plate of chips and dip for you.

"The band I'm working for has a gig tonight. That's them" You said, pointing towards the stage.

"Wow, they're amazing!" Alex said and you nodded.

"So does that mean you get special access to everything?" He asked, raising an eyebrow. You would have been taken aback by his rather forward approach but he was otherwise really nice. You looked towards the stage and saw Roger looking in your direction. You did a small wave to tell him you were looking back, but he turned away.

It had been a few songs later and you and Alex had bonded over your mutual love for food. You were explaining the recipe for your favourite apple pie, a rather dull conversation for the bar, but quite honestly you were having a lot of fun.

Alex had moved closer and put his arm around you as you told him how much better you would be than him in baking. You felt yourself getting more comfortable around him as time passed.

"I don't know why we didn't talk earlier" He spoke, a few drinks in. You hadn't had anything to drink so you were already feeling much better than yesterday. You knew Alex as well. He wasn't some random guy like Brandon.

"Do you wanna see their dressing room? They have some really cool costumes hung up!" You said, suddenly.

"Yeah, it's getting a bit crowded here. Let's head out over there" Alex nodded in agreement and you took his hand in yours, leading him backstage.

"Do you lure all men like this?" He asked, trailing behind you.

"No, just you" You said, in a singsong voice. You felt like being playful. You were familiar with him.