Some Guy, But Not This Loser

It had been a few hours since your encounter with Roger in the rehearsal room and you had finally finished all the work for today. You were sitting in the common room, digging into your microwave mac and cheese meal when Brian walked in.

"Y/n! How are you?" he asked you, taking a seat next to you. It was nice of the boys to give you so much attention just as an intern, and you weren't complaining. They were used to travelling a lot and the few familiar faces they saw, they held dear.

"I'm actually doing pretty good" you spoke up, between mouthfuls and offered a plastic fork to him.

"I heard about your bet with Roger" he said, and took a bite.

"My what?" you asked, momentarily forgetting your earlier conversation. The only thing you could remember was holding onto the front of his shirt as he looked down at you.

"He said you'll come to the party tonight, and that if you go home with a guy he'll stop bugging you in the future" Brian elaborated and you nodded.

"I never agreed to that bet but I suppose we'll see, I'm not a prude like he thinks" you explained.

Brian laughed and said "Well all right. I'm sure roger only said all that just to get you to come. I'll see you tonight?"

You slightly nodded as you mentally prepared yourself for a party. Even if you got through hours of forced social interaction, you had no idea what to wear.

You went back to the tiny trailer you had rented and stared blankly at the options available. After a long hour of deliberation, you decided to wear a black crop top with a high waisted skirt. You had started running out of reasons to delay going to the party, you realized it was almost 9 and if you didn't go now, you would lose the bet.

The bar was a few blocks away and, on the walk, there, you kept thinking why you ever agreed to this in the first place. Roger would probably forget about the bet by the time you reached. You could hear the party from a block away, and as you entered the loud music engulfed you. There was a sea of people and you walked in, trying to find Roger's face amongst the crowd. It would be easy to spot usually but there were way too many people here and you turned to head to the bar, someone pulled on your arm and you turned to see Freddie

"Y/n! I can't believe you decided to come!" he said, embracing you.

"Hey Freddie" you said "Yeah I can't believe that either"

"Come meet the boys, they'll be so happy to see you, especially Roger" he then dragged you towards a booth, navigating through the sea of fans.

"I'm not looking forward to that" you said, laughing.

"Why not? I thought you're close to Roger!" Freddie yelled over the music.

"Um, I mean just as close as I am to the rest of you" you told him "He's a good friend I suppose"

You admit you felt special being led by Freddie Mercury. Perhaps coming here was a good idea after all.

You felt a smile coming onto your lips as the first beats of Killer Queen started playing and then your eyes fell on Roger.

He was wearing a floral button down, and the first few buttons were undone. He was in white jeans and his blonde hair stuck around messily. You were used to seeing him like that.

What got your attention was the scantily clad female draped on his lap and his arm around her waist.

How typical.

You felt a knot in your stomach and you turned around to face Brian and Freddie.

"Whoa! You look so beautiful" Brian exclaimed and you smiled at him.